ZebraLight SC60 price drop.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure that means they're soon to be discontinued, or that they're already only going to have their current stock on hand for sale. The 60w has been reduced too.

Better get 'em fast while you can. As nice as the SC600 is, there's no 'w' version yet, and they're too big for EDC pocket carry, but I think the 60's would be just fine for that.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Posted to the Good Deals forum on cpfmarketplace.

I just grabbed a backup, because it's my EDC. As great as the SC600 is, it is a bit too large for me to carry everyday, I could do it once the clip was available, but for EDC the SC60w is just about perfect for me right now and that is not likely to change. Even the variable lights available just can't bump the SC60w from my pocket.

It maybe discontinued, or maybe just updated with new LED, and maybe the tube will be adjusted for the new high-capacity batteries. We'll have to wait and see. I think Marshal has said the 18650 variety has not been a huge seller, most people opting the AA or CR123. For me I like the 18650 cell and ZebraLights are the best at putting them in a small package; it would be a real shame if they discontinued the 18650 in the SC6x series. Either way I'm set for a year (or 3) for EDC light I'm sure. The rest are just toys, fun for around the house or the special big boys for outdoor exploring.

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
As great as the SC600 is, it is a bit too large for me to carry everyday, I could do it once the clip was available...

How will the clip enable you to carry it everyday particularly since it does nothing to mitigate the size of the SC600 itself?

I ordered this Zebralight product and intend to carry it in a trouser rear pocket. It appears to be no larger than the Surefire 6P that I carried long ago.

The SC60 currently occupies that rear pocket and will soon be moved to trouser front pocket.

hatman

Enlightened
That's a good buy and I wish I could afford to get a backup for my SC60W while waiting for the SC600Ws.

I hope the SC60 series stays in the line with an update -- based upon its good looks, popularity and performance, it deserves it. It's a fine pocket EDC.

ZebraLight, what can you tell us?

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
How will the clip enable you to carry it everyday particularly since it does nothing to mitigate the size of the SC600 itself?

I ordered this Zebralight product and intend to carry it in a trouser rear pocket. It appears to be no larger than the Surefire 6P that I carried long ago.

The SC60 currently occupies that rear pocket and will soon be moved to trouser front pocket.
In the same way that a dangler helps some people carry a knife or light. It's a carry system of choice. I can put the SC600 in my pocket if I needed too, but I don't like to carry it that way, a clip would allow me to carry it just as I do my SC60w (although I've already stated it will not be replacing my SC60w for EDC). It's a personal choice.

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
In the same way that a dangler helps some people carry a knife...

So the clip acts as a suspension device to supplant the feel of the weight of the device at the bottom of the pocket (where it invariably shall gravitate) to the edge of the opening of the pocket?

So it still will not mitigate the girth (size) of the SC600.

Just trying to understand what you stated earlier to help me when I begin to carry the SC600 in my trouser pocket.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the clip acts as a suspension device to supplant the feel of the weight of the device at the bottom of the pocket (where it invariably shall gravitate) to the edge of the opening of the pocket?

So it still will not mitigate the girth (size) of the SC600.

Just trying to understand what you stated earlier to help me when I begin to carry the SC600 in my trouser pocket.
I carry my SC60w in a mid leg cargo pocket, yes the clip suspends it from the top of the pocket which feels better to me and makes it easier to retrieve since I don't have to dig into the pocket to get the light it is right on top. This allows other things to also be carried in the pocket and still makes the light easy to retrieve and in most cases keeps them away from the light. The SC60 clips are attached high and allow for fairly deep carry, the SC600 unfortunately will not sit as deep; this may be a problem for some.

I don't like using a clip in regular front pockets, for several reasons that would be hard to explain. If I ever did I would probably put in on my weak side. Something in AAA size is OK, but in that case I would feel it would be too easy to lose. I've never lost a light expect in my house due to imperfect memory.

You just have to find what works for you, as everyone (and their pant :) ) is different.

You'll like the SC600 though.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last I heard the SC60 was going to be updated with a XP-G S2 and driven slightly harder for ~400lms, it would cut runtime from 2hrs to ~1.5hrs but I'd take that hit for more lumens in that light.

Who knows when the release might be it could be awhile, if the plan remains anyway.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
they should update it with an XM-L instead, 350 lumens at about the same runtime or slightly better (due to xm-l better efficiency at low drive currents).

so you get the sc60 EDC-able form factor, improved brightness, and floodier. perfect

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
they should update it with an XM-L instead, 350 lumens at about the same runtime or slightly better (due to xm-l better efficiency at low drive currents).

so you get the sc60 EDC-able form factor, improved brightness, and floodier. perfect
Seems reasonable to me. I would assume XM-L at this point as well. In addtion it appears CREE is closer to getting nice tints for those than their top bined XP-G, and ZebraLight would consider that important.

I agree the extra flood is generally good for EDC.

Although this assumes that they will be updating it rather than discontinuing it. I think they may be seeing an increased interest in the 18650 platform, I certainly see it on CPF, and and an update at this time is warranted rather than discontinuing it.

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
My SC600 arrived a few weeks ago. The highest output is amazing. This flashlight has the highest output amongst the few that I currently own.

I would detest a pocket clip on this not just because I dislike pocket clips on flashlights and pocket knives, but because I deplore one on the SC60. Dimensionally, the SC600 is a larger SC60.

I transfered the lanyard from my Notatac 120T to this one. I carry it in a soft cordura pouch and in my rear left pocket.

Overall, I am pleased with this product.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
In addtion it appears CREE is closer to getting nice tints for those than their top bined XP-G, and ZebraLight would consider that important.

I got an E03 with a T5 a couple of weeks ago and the tint is beautiful. Maybe I just scored big in the tint lottery, but I really like the tint I got. I can't really tell the difference between it and the Q4/5B that's in my SC50w+, and it's slightly warmer than the Q3/5A that's in my Q123^2, so I'd guess it's about 4,200K.