A Project With Potential - C7 led

Empath

Flashaholic
When I say potential, I'm of course talking about my own opinion of potential demand.

I've been watching, waiting, and about half way expecting sometime someone would produce it. So far I've not seen one. What I'm speaking of is a C7 bulb (the type you screw into a conventional night light with a candelabra base) that has the internal filament and such removed. In the base is circuitry to permit an LED, either a 5mm or a luxeon, to operate from the 117 volt line. That way one could convert any conventional night light into a LED light. I don't know how difficult it would be to replace the glass enclosure.

It's my opinion that a C7 lamp that held an LED would be a marketable product. After all, one of the biggest drawbacks to conventional C7 type night lights is the frequent bulb replacement required.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talk to Darell or Dat2zip (I think) - Darell has a bucket of little boards that do exactly that task. Bust the glass, remove the guts, solder in the little board, solder a bunch of LEDs in series at the top and you have your LED nightlight bulb....

The circuit is basically a rectifier/capacitor to convert to DC and limit the current.

candelabrabase.jpg

george.

Empath

Flashaholic
That's fairly close, Phaedrus. They don't seem to be transparent enclosures with the lamps near the base though. The lamps are at the very end. For some uses they could probably work. It's close, but not quite. Thanks.