Source for a Surefire M3 head or Clone (and pictures of innerts?)

Epsilon

Enlightened
For a project with 2x26500 megalennium, I would like to run a M3 head to create a reasonably compact powerhouse :). The CPF marketplace comes up with a head once in a while, but not often.

Is there a source to buy these heads (or good fitting clones)? Innerts aren't neccesary, they will be forsaken anyway ;).

Now I'm at it: Does anyone have pictures of the inside of such a head (with and without a drop-in fitted). I found an old thread, but the pictures are dead.

For testing purposes, maybe a XM-L dropin would be nice (useable with 2x 3.7v), any Ideas on this issue as well. Nailbender has some, but they are only good for ~6v. This will be a last resort, in combination with 3x 4/5 sub-C cells, which make 3.6v.

Lots of questions, but maybe usefull for other modders.

---
For searching:
Surefire M3 clone
M3 head
M3 inside pictures

Last edited:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but, Nailbender was offering clone M3 heads in his D36 drop-ins thread. I don't know if he's still doing this, but, it's worth a look.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those DX clones, the head does not fit any of my Surefire M series lights
also the light engine is build into the body, not the head

Epsilon

Enlightened
Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but, Nailbender was offering clone M3 heads in his D36 drop-ins thread. I don't know if he's still doing this, but, it's worth a look.

I knew I saw it somewhere but could not find it with the search. Thanks for the heads-up, will look into those.

I have one of those DX clones, the head does not fit any of my Surefire M series lights
also the light engine is build into the body, not the head
Thanks for this post! Just cancelled the order, because then it is another cheap light. It doesn't matter to be that the light engine is fitted in the body instead of the head though, that's probably the way I'm going to make a custom pill.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, NB will not be stocking those any longer as the last batch he ordered were very poorly made and had threading issues.