Fenix E01 with QTC runtime test on low anyone?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Figured I'd ask to see if there was a willing party to start a runtime test on one of these?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like it would not really be useful since you would not know what the 'low' output was. Best you could do is compare it to another light, which in most cases one would not know the exact output of either. Maybe more importantly no one could ever precisely reproduce the test as they would not be able to reproduce the test conditions. Other considerations with the QVC material over the life of the test may also factor in.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually use the Quark Moonlight mode as a standard to compare with. I was hoping someone else wanted to do the test before I do.

Seems like it would not really be useful since you would not know what the 'low' output was. Best you could do is compare it to another light, which in most cases one would not know the exact output of either. Maybe more importantly no one could ever precisely reproduce the test as they would not be able to reproduce the test conditions. Other considerations with the QVC material over the life of the test may also factor in.

gustophersmob

Newly Enlightened
From investigating trying to use QTC with my E01, it seems it would be pretty difficult to get the E01 to work with QTC. Since the threads are anodized, the only place for the QTC would be between the edge of the battery tube and the negative contact pads of the PCB.

I'm sure it could be done with some modifications, but it is probably easier to just use a different light, like a Matterhorn or Eiger.

gustophersmob

Newly Enlightened
From investigating trying to use QTC with my E01, it seems it would be pretty difficult to get the E01 to work with QTC. Since the threads are anodized, the only place for the QTC would be between the edge of the battery tube and the negative contact pads of the PCB.

I'm sure it could be done with some modifications, but it is probably easier to just use a different light, like a Matterhorn or Eiger.

Looks like I may be premature in my assessment. Someone has come up with a way to do it here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?304857-Fenix-E01-with-a-Quantum-Tunneling-switch

Not sure how practical it would be, but I am going to try it out and see how well it does.