Brightest drop in for javelin

recDNA

Flashaholic
What is the brightest (most lumens throw doesn't matter) single mode (a must) drop in that fits in the Dereelight Javelin powered by 2 x L91 batteries? I'm not interested in using rechargeables in this flashlight. I know some drop ins (like the Malkoff) are too big. Others require more voltage than 2 x L91 can provide. Some may go direct drive at low voltage and draw more current than L91 can safely supply.

Thanks!

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
Just to get things started.
Both batteryjunction.com and lighthound.com have a Thrunite P60L XML single mode drop in.

Features:

• 460 Lumens Out the Front (1.5A Drive Current)
  • 2.7-9 V input voltage (Direct drive under 3.6V)
  • Cree XM-L T6 LED
  • Outer spring is removable for some fitments
  • Aluminum textured/OP reflector with bronze heat sink base
  • Bezel diameter: 26.5mm
  • Copper base diameter: 19mm
  • Height including support spring: 36.7mm
  • Height excluding support spring: 28.8mm
This the lowest acceptable voltage that i have found. Tough one dude.

Last edited:

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
And with a little more research. another thread has a similar question and an answer.

http://www.solarforce-sales.com/product.php?sname=&s=10&t=RB

Two options: Solarforce 320Lms 1 mode XP-G Cree Led 0.8V-4.2V

One with orange peel reflector and the other with smooth reflector.

The product details are listing for 18650 3.7v x 1pc and CR123A 3.0v or 3.7v x 1pc but I don't see why they wouldn't work with the set up you're asking about.

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
And with a little more research. another thread has a similar question and an answer.

http://www.solarforce-sales.com/product.php?sname=&s=10&t=RB

Two options: Solarforce 320Lms 1 mode XP-G Cree Led 0.8V-4.2V

One with orange peel reflector and the other with smooth reflector.

The product details are listing for 18650 3.7v x 1pc and CR123A 3.0v or 3.7v x 1pc but I don't see why they wouldn't work with the set up you're asking about.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks for replying! I actually have the 9 volt thrunite and it is pretty dim with 2 x L91.

I know the Dereelight drop in that came with the javelin was brighter but I sold it along with a different host. (Duh) I didn't miss it at first because I was running 2 x rcr14500. Now I want to use primaries but my dealer no longer has the Dereelight drop in in question. I started a wtt thread in cpfmp looking for the low.voltage Dereelight r5 but no luck.

I could go with the solarforce suggested or check into buying direct from Dereelight in China.

Any other possibilities? I know malkoff makes.a.nice.low voltage.model. but I don't think it fits in a javelin head.

My concern about the solarforce drop in is listed in their description: 950g-Solarforce R&D driver circuit to protect Li-ion battery from over-discharging .
This may cause shut off with low voltage.

Last edited:

hotlight

Enlightened
the gap with a Javelin and Malkoff isn't too bad..... not pretty either if you don't like gaps, but, the light functions properly and I'm confident it retains it's "waterproofness"....
(btw there is a M31WLL in the Javelin pictured below)

2011-07-08161605.jpg

2011-07-08161913.jpg

Deal4

Enlightened
What is the brightest (most lumens throw doesn't matter) single mode (a must) drop in that fits in the Dereelight Javelin powered by 2 x L91 batteries? I'm not interested in using rechargeables in this flashlight. I know some drop ins (like the Malkoff) are too big. Others require more voltage than 2 x L91 can provide. Some may go direct drive at low voltage and draw more current than L91 can safely supply.

Thanks!

Hi recDNA,:wave:
I had the same question a few months ago and I heard about flashlightconnection.com
The drop in for the Javelin isn't listed, but you can get the XP-E or the XP-G with smooth or op reflector that is made for the Javelin. I went with the XP-E as I was wanting throw.
I contacted Jay from Flashlightconnection.com and told him what I was looking for and he got me the correct drop in. If he doesn't have what you are looking for he can direct you in the right direction. But I would be very surprised if he doesn't have it as he is a dealer for Dereelight. He is a great guy to work with and highly recommened his site.:thumbsup:
Hope this helps, Shad