single CR123 EDC options NO TWISTIES

jonesing4wind

Newly Enlightened
My requirements are simple:
1x CR123
Tactical (I think this is called a forward)clicky, no twisties. I want to be able to push it halfway and have it come on and turn back off with no clicks if I want, or push and click to leave on.
I like the size and shape of the not yet released Fenix E15, but really cant stand twisties
Strobe/SOS/beacon not necessary
At least 2 brightnesses, would like more but not necessary
moderate throw with good spill
As bright as possible, without breaking the bank.

ANy suggestions? THanks in advance!

Edited for spelling

jonesing4wind

Newly Enlightened
Well, the Fenix E15 is about $30 USD. THat is a nice price. I could go to 60 or 70 for the right one.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Jetbeam BC10...pretty much covers everything you're looking for.

Single CR123A or RCR123, simple Hi-Low modes, forward clicky, tail stands, compact size, pocket clip, 270 lumens on a primary CR123A and even brighter on an RCR123, decent throw using an XP-G emitter, and most importantly, it costs less than $40 (not including the CPF discounts).

I've been carrying my BC10 for a little while and I think it's a great EDC light.

aimxplode

Enlightened
As always, my recommendation is the Jetbeam RRT-0. It is very rugged and you can always count on it to turn on when you need it. It also has an optional AA extender if you run out of cr123a's. Go for the S2 if you get one, it has a better clicky switch.

It has an infinitely variable output ring so you can set it anywhere between .003 lumens to 260 lumens.

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
I think the Incendio V3+ in neutral is a sweet little light. Can run off RCR dependably as well. No strobe or SOS. 4 levels with tactical lock and memory. Price has gone up a little though. $50 ~180lms w/ primary in neutral and ~250lms on RCR

I'm a stickler for short lights when EDC'ing. The BC10 is another sweet little light albeit a little larger, but due to selfbuilts review I don't run mine on RCR. It's driven pretty hard @ 270lms with a primary.

GL! have fun shopping the best part is the hunt :)

jssp78

Newly Enlightened
Stream;ight ProTac P1L. High, strobe then low. 110 and 12 lumens.

ms1496

Newly Enlightened
jbdan
I think the Incendio V3+ in neutral is a sweet little light. Can run off RCR dependably as well. No strobe or SOS. 4 levels with tactical lock and memory. Price has gone up a little though. $50 ~180lms w/ primary in neutral and ~250lms on RCR
I agree... Its a great little edc and the one I have is also in neutral 3C tint R4 bin... Nice color temp much like natural sunlight at about 3pm and it's small with a nice beam pattern for close/mid range work.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

aimxplode

Enlightened

I'm a stickler for short lights when EDC'ing. The BC10 is another sweet little light albeit a little larger, but due to selfbuilts review I don't run mine on RCR. It's driven pretty hard @ 270lms with a primary.

GL! have fun shopping the best part is the hunt :)

I don't have one(yet!), but I've heard only great things about this light. It also comes with a sweet diffuser

jonesing4wind

Newly Enlightened
I am close to pulling the trigger on a BC10. small, light, not too expensive, bright, fwd clicky, no frills, perfect! My question is: can it really handle a RCR123? I looked at the specs on Jet-Beam.com and didnt see any mention of battery other than standard CR123s... Any ideas?

My first choice would have been one of the options with infinitely adjustable brightness, but it seems to nearly double the price. Oh well, maybe the next one...

jonesing4wind

Newly Enlightened
Final decision: Quark 123 tactical. What swayed me? Moonlight mode and programability, but even with the program options, the UI is still super simple.

Thank you LightJunction.com!

Thank you to all who supplied input as well, it is appreciated!

Danielight

Enlightened
Just got a Jetbeam BC10 for Christmas, and I really like it. Some people claimed to have an issue with the pocket clip potentially scratching the barrel when turning it to toggle between low and bright, but I reversed the clip, so that won't happen.

Wolfen68

Newly Enlightened
I think the Incendio V3+ in neutral is a sweet little light....

Agreed. I got one for my son and it rocks...it kicks out an amazing amount of light, though it is a little floodier than I like (XM-L 525 Lumen version).

Hal_5555

Newly Enlightened
I just went through the same process but ended up going with the SF backup. I like it a lot but I do have one issue with it that I wish had thought of before I got it. The two light levels are backwards to me. The first click is the high 110 lumens, the second click is the low nav light. I would rather have the nav first or a quick double press for bright. Good stuff on your light, I actually am looking at it now for a future purchase. Rock on.

davyro

Enlightened
I've got some hds lights as well as a Jetbeam BC10 & i think for the price the BC10 ia a really good light,simple UI well built & it's bright enough on primaries
i only mentioned the hds lights so you know that i can compare the BC10 with expensive lights its never going to be near them but i bet it gives everything a
run for its money in its price bracket.If you get one you won't be dissapointed i'm sure.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive got a ThruNight Neutron on the way from battJunction. I like my Incendio and HDS and Quark minis, yet there are somethings about the Neutron that I really like size, look and power.

Last edited: