Duplicate Lights

Ian2381

Enlightened
I just realized whenever I got a light I like I eventually got another one, for backup maybe or to give away as gift to someone important to me.
I know I could have bought a more expensive light out of these duplicates but I really use these lights and wanted to have a backup if I lost or kill the light.

Zebralight SC50
Quark MiNi AA
Itp A3
Solarforce L2
Solarforce L2m
Solarforce L2r
Fenix E01
Akoray K106
Ultrafire C3 SS

Thinking of getting another Xeno E03

a6bn

Newly Enlightened
I'm also a Gemini. I just bought a spare Surefire C2 a week after getting my first C2.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Me too:

2 x Gladius
2 x Nitecore D10
2 x EagleTac P10A

Sometimes these are for backups, and sometimes to try out different variants - for example, the Gladii are modded one with an XP-G and one with an XM-L, and one of the D10s is a Q5 classic, and one a hybrid with the XP-E R2.

These lights are all out of production, so that's another reason for keeping a spare - just in case one of them stops working or I lose one.

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try to get at least 2 of any light I really like.:thumbsup:It can be a little frustrating at times as some of the lights I want are special run and sell out fast.:( Honestly I would prefer to have 4-6 each of my favorites but I don't always have the funds:broke:

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a bunch of Fenix E01s because they are so cheap, reliable, and have a great runtime. I also have 2 Quark AA^2s to use around the house as candles during power outages (1 warm, 1 cool white). Other then that I try not to have exact duplicates.

Ishango

Enlightened
I would like to be able to buy multiple lights of my favorites, but really can't afford it if I also want other lights. I do buy AA an 123 versions of lights I like (SC51w & SC30w, QMiNi AA & QMiNi 123, Olight T10 & T15). I also have 4 E01's now (and one for my gf), because these are cheap and practically indestructible.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
So far I've avoided doing this, though I wish I had a spare LF2XT. I'd rather save my bucks for something newer, better, and sometimes cheaper. Maybe this is a Libra thing.

Geoff

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here, starthere. I don't want to pay for another of the same light when I could put that money toward a different light in the future instead. I guess I'm not much of a collector.

Lighteous

Enlightened
Because I have a seemingly insatiable appetite for variety in my lights, I've never bought a second light of the same kind. However, while I have an aluminum version LD01 I'm thinking of getting a stainless steel version, but it would have a different emitter as well as being made from different material. That's not really the same thing, right?