Napalm

Enlightened
Hi gang,

Here a few pics from yours truly CPFer struck by cubomania! :crazy:

Nap. :devil:

Last edited:

choombak

Enlightened
Cool photos. If this is the Xeno, it is indeed a fantastic light (I'd say one-of-a-kind as well). I own the cool-white R5 version. The heft and the feel is awesome. Here's mine:
5139389268_ba10d73e63_z.jpg

Fits perfect in an EagleTac P10A holster as well:
5217499920_7ebd89ce55_z.jpg

Enjoy your Cubes - they are truly fantastic lights (and self-defense weapon! ;-))

Last edited:

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting the great pics. One of these setting on a glass topped coffee table would fit right in with nearly any modern decor. ;>

Besides looking cool, these do have a practical advantage over traditional cylindrical lights. No matter how carelessly they are set down, their natural tendency is to stay put - no rolling.

calflash

Enlightened
...AND as far as being practical, in view of their design, they seem to be virtually indestructible.

Last edited:

Napalm

Enlightened
If this is the Xeno, it is indeed a fantastic light (I'd say one-of-a-kind as well).

Yes, they're the Xeno in cool and neutral XM-L versions with matte SS body.

There are also black ones, polished SS ones, aluminum ones, titanium ones, and a version made from two segments that can rotate, with various LEDs... If you have any kind of collecting impulses, you can get broke really fast..... :broke:

Nap.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
I'm a big fan of the Cubes as well. I have one of the SS and one in Ti. I'd love to get a neutral XML but I really wish they would offer a L-M-H UI. That is the only thing keeping me from getting more cubes.

nbp

Flashaholic
Napalm, if you do some searching around, I think Donn and Lisantica, and possibly others have had some really cool finishes put on their cubes. If I remember right, Pontiaker did some amazing carvings on a couple of these things. If you're into these cubes, those lights will blow your mind. I seem to recall a ship's anchor on Donn's, and maybe some paws or something on Lisa's, carved into a polished finish. Check around for those things.

black_ice_pc

Newly Enlightened
I've always loved the Cube. It's so cool looking, and unique. I love SS lights for novelty cause of the heft. I hope to get one sooner or later but finances prevent that from happening currently.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow 170g(!) is an impressive mass of steel for a single AA.

btw where all are you guys finding Xenos in general for sale? I think the one I'm looking for is discontinued anyway, but just in case.

philsyson

Newly Enlightened
Just FYI I have a black XML and a Matt silver XML up for sale on eBay. Both cool white tint and brand new direct from Xeno.

I love these lights and ended up buying a few more than I can really justify owning!

philsyson

Newly Enlightened
I should also add that they are only a good price for UK based buyers. Anyone from the US can order from Harrison on eBay. I ordered mine via him and found his level of communication and speed of delivery to be excellent

philsyson

Newly Enlightened
Didn't know about the alu version. Surely a big part of the soul of the cube is it's heft.....so in alu it loses more than just a bunch of grams?