• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

QTC Pill removal?

crizyal

Enlightened
Anyone know how to remove the QTC pill from a Logan? I would think I could simply remove the keychain post and push it out from the tail. I am looking for some guidance. Mine is pretty jumpy, and I was hoping I could maybe clean it for a smoother operation. I have a 38DD that uses a piece of QTC and it works smoother than my Logan. Thanks.

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not played with the specially designed pills yet, but my experience of dropping QTC's in the bottom of these lights is that they are a little jumpy. I really didn't have an issue finding a light level that was appropriate and using it, however. I was not trying to impress anybody with the smoothness of the ramp so I figure it is an appropriate trade off for the gain in efficiency.

I suspect you would need to use a finer thread pitch in order to get a smoother action on the QTC which is what the 38DD may have. There are trade-offs with this too (more likely to cross thread may be one).

eala

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
weird my Logan pill just pops out which in itself is sort of frustrating as when you remove the battery the pill and the foam donut come out.

crizyal

Enlightened
Here is a pic down the body of my Logan QTC. Used Iphone, so not the best quality photo.

1f5f8cac.jpg

bmcgators98

Enlightened
I just removed mine. It is a small metal disk surrounded by a plastic disk. One side of the metal disk is raised the other side is flush with the plastic. The raised side goes up. The raised metal is then surrounded by a foam washer. This looks like is keeps the disk in place and serves as a cushion for the battery. Pretty easy to remove, just pushed it out from the key chain side.

Mine is a little jumpy at the really low modes. I wonder if there is a break in period?

Lumenz

Enlightened
Mine is also a little jumping on the very low level. I will be interested to know if someone comes up with a solution or fix. However, I will not be using the super low level on my Logan very often. The lowest levels on my Eiger are super smooth and that is the light I would be using for super low mode.

bmcgators98

Enlightened
I played with mine for a while last night and I do think that the pill needs some time to settle in. After a while it became much more smooth. I did find that when turning off, you need to go any extra 1/4 turn past off. If not the light will come back on if the battery moves around. The extra 1/4 turn caused a slight battery rattle. Not really a big deal but I was thinking about finding a small foam doughnut to place between the head and the battery, kind of like the Arc AAA or Muyshoundt lights. Anyone see this causing a problem?