What's this cop using?

Borad

Enlightened
I was reading about the Letterman studio break in and saw this picture of a New York City cop with a flashlight and figured someone here could identify it.

algthearersullivan.jpg

I figure it's probably a good one but it doesn't look like something you'd carry on your belt. I'll look up the specs and price out of curiosity if someone could name it.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, hard to say. I zoomed in 400% on my browser and I can't make out what it is. I'm curious to see if anyone else can id it.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Going to take a WILD guess that its a Pelican of some sort. They make big bore incan lights kind of like this for various industries.

Last edited:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea on what organization or department the person belongs to?

-Trevor

ETA: Maybe an old Streamlight? Nothing on their current website matches that photo though.

Last edited:

Borad

Enlightened
Any idea on what organization or department the person belongs to?

All I know is he's from the NYC Police Dept. Here's the article that has the picture.

The blue part of the light may be a separate piece, and the black triangle at the back is probably part of the strap. It may be an all-black flashlight with a handle on top in its naked form. Or maybe the handle is part of the blue piece. :confused:

curtispdx

Enlightened
Many larger agencies have specialty units that do nothing but gather evidence. I assume that's what he's doing. I'm also going to offer a guess that he's angling the light to see if any fingerprints are visible on the glass or door frame.