Surefire 6PX Pro 4 cell

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
I have a Surefire 6PX pro and love it its my go to light and i have some sweet ones but a 4 cell version would be near perfect IMO it would have longer runtime I assume and fit in the hand better .

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
4 cells would not do a light like the 6PX pro much good, maybe 3 would. Typically 4 cells are used for much larger lights, usually ones with bezels much larger than the 6px's and ones that require much more power than what the 6px pro requires.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
If you wanted to create your own "12PX", you could take a SureFire 9P, add a Surefire A19 adapter to the 9P body, then put a multi-mode drop-in in it that will handle up to 12 volts. A Malkoff M91 would be perfect if you could live with just the single mode...

precisionworks

Flashaholic
I like the 6PX Pro, and carried mine for five or six weeks, with about one hour run time every night (mostly on low setting). It recently got replaced with a Pocket Rocket 8, but the 6PX Pro is still a very nice light.

It isn't a light that's easy to mod. The factory bonds the head to the tube with red Loctite, and the softening temp for that adhesive is 350°F or slightly higher. Pretty sure that a temp that high will do no good for the board or emitter.

The light can be bored, but a second problem (if using flat top cells like the AW18650) is that there is no spring contact on the rear of the board, only a small silver dot. The work around for that is to use a small neodymium magnet on the 18650 - I believe Lighthound & others sell these.

So far, no one has sent a 6PX Pro to me for boring. If that does happen, I'll bore mine first to make sure that there are no surprises.