Jetbeam 3m xm-l and the fenix pd31

Coldblooded357

Newly Enlightened
Hi, im new to the forum. I'm currently carring a fenix pd30 as my EDC. i recently noticed the fenix pd31 and i decided it was time to upgrade. I like the idea of one 18650 since i already have some batteries and a charger. And obviously i like the greater output. But while looking around at different options i came across the jetbeam 3m xml. The output is much greater, its programable, but it's kinda big. Does anyone currently use it as an EDC light? If so what are your thoughts on it? Also what are some other comparable lights. If im gonna go any bigger then the fenix there needs to be a good increase in lumens and functionability. I have no interest whatsoever in going lower then the pd31

Darkwall

Newly Enlightened
i own the jet 3m r5 version... i dont think it is that big of a light.. it's 5.5 inches long, verus your fenix pd30 at 4.5 inches... I was always curious about the jet-III st bvc light, it's not exactly small since it also uses an 18650, but it seems more streamlined of a surface. http://www.jet-beam.com/links/pro/jet3stbvc.aspx , not sure if that emitter has been upgraded or not.