Ice Cream Treats

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm not normally a big ice cream eater, but I just polished off something really good. It was a Snickers Ice Cream Bar. Maybe they've been around forever, but they're new to me. My wife just bought a box (24, 2 oz. bars). Heavenly, and just the right size. This ranks right up there with Drumsticks.

What's your favorite frozen delight?

Geoff

jugg2

Enlightened
I really like the drumsticks you mentioned! No particular brand or whatnot, just vanilla in a cone with chocolate and nuts on top! This reminds me that I haven't eaten one of them in at least 2 years haha! Time to go to the store tomorrow!

Caleb Wilson

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a box of ice cream sandwiches. Make a layer in a cake pan - put lots of whipped cream on top - put a layer of ice cream sandwhiches on top of that. Back in freezer for an hour. Cover with caramel or hot fudge, serve, and it's pretty darn good.

There are a few ice cream shops that make their own waffle cones. When they do, pretty much anything put in them is excellent. I still retain my taste for 'Superman' ice cream from being a kid, but will gladly expand my horizons to butter pecan, chocolate chip mint, or Baskin Robbin's rather rare coconut ice cream. If you like coconut, the later is like having an endorphin rush wired right into yoru brain.

Otherwise, standard vanilla ice-cream and chocolate cake is good enough for me.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Eskimo Pies and a few flavors of ice cream.

Has anyone else noticed that at least some of the 'old standby' flavors I ate in the '50s seem to be gone for good? For example, Mrs Umbra asked me to pick up some 'chocolate chip' ice cream -- that was two years ago and I haven't been anywhere that carries it -- even though it used to be a really big flavor.

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good call on the Snickers and Drumsticks. My favorite treat is the IT'S-IT, though I'm not exactly a fan of the Bay Area lol. I remember about 20 years ago when Vienetta was still around. It's that crunchy chocolate layered dessert. I could easily polish off a whole box. At my local Loard's I indulge in a Dusty Road (or two) every now and then.

Sub- that reminds me a lot of Cookie Dough flavor.

bansuri

Enlightened
Man, they all sound good!
There is a special place in my heart for Klondike Bars. The wrapper makes a nice plate.

Norm

Retired Administrator
My all time favourite Ice cream Weis Coffee and Cream I usually get through a tub a week.

coffeetub.jpg

Norm

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't really beat ice cream from Berkey Creamery. Local milk, full half-gallons, no extra air whipped in, good flavors. Also, Blue Bunny Fudge Bars and Fla-Vor-Ice.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
my family is Drumstick crazy! best part is that my sister doesnt like the peanuts, so she lets me start on it, eating the peanuts and choco shell hehehe.

we also buy klondikes, snickers bars, ice cream sandwiches.... hmmmm

brandfish

Newly Enlightened
Now you gotta give the twix ice cream bars a try. and if you really want to get it going on try the hagen daz coffee heath ice bar. now that's whats up!!!