• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Welcome to the Modders B/S/T forum!

Greta

Flashaholic
This forum is specifically for CPF "Modders" to show and sell their stuff! It has been a long time in coming and is way overdue. The CPF Modders have added just as much, if not more in some instances, than any dealer or manufacturer here and it's time to let them shine.

The CPF Modders will be free to sell their Mods here without restrictions from Administration. There will be no requirement to give a "cut" to CPF... however, donations will not be turned down... ;) In addition, it would be nice if perhaps one of a kind or specialty items were donated to CPF from time to time for Benefit Auction... much like Larry (tvodrd) has done twice with his lights.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me or any of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool, Let me try this one out!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another part of the great CPF conspiracy to take away my money. Me like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
argh !
my wallet !
and I like it, must be a masochist ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Sweeet!!!
megasmile.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I think this is great for the modders as well as CPF members as it will let the market decide on the value of some of these creations. I also think it's cool that an avenue is now open for the modders to contribute back to CPF without a rigid structure and accounting burden on the CPF moderators.

Thanks Sasha and David W.! (and anyone else behind the scenes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

- Don

d'mo

Enlightened
Hmmm, This could be bad. Too many flashlights, not enough money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha,

It appears that there will be auctions in this thread, perhaps a lot of them. I would like to suggest that somewhere on the list of threads for this forum there be an indication of how much time is left until each auction is over.

I don't know whether this is even possible, but if it is, it would make it easier for potential buyers. Perhaps it could work in a way that looks like what eBay does?

Paul

Greta

Flashaholic
Paul... not possible. If you're interested, then just mark the thread as a favorite and keep an eye on it.

WHODYATHINK

Newly Enlightened
Kudos to the mastermind behind this forum. How about if the future auctioneers list the ending time of their auctions in the heading (i.e. 10/01 15:30). Just a suggestion. Another one just popped in my head, Maybe we could have an auction forum for other things as well, mirroring the B/S/T forums? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
This will make a great addition to CPF.
I really like the idea of placing all the mods in on place.

This should also make it alittle easy to talk about what we all have planned for the future. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PayPal locked and loaded! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
FYI... a completely seperate auction forum is in the works. But the software is around $350. Too much growth at once is a bad thing. So let's just take it easy and let the dust settle on this for now before you start making more work for me... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Saaby

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
kiessling said:
argh !
my wallet !
and I like it, must be a masochist ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

What? A MacOSist?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should auctions done here have some rules posted to them, like when they will close, minimum bid increments, etc? Just wondering if that might be helpful.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Sasha is the initial postings limited only to those who did the MOD? For example, if I want to sell a modded-widget, that Mr. Name modded, am I supposed to list it here or on the standard B/S/T Forum?