Best Flashlight for $45 or less

cplusplus

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a nice aluminum flashlight with regulation and that uses AA batteries rechargeable compatible. Thank you

I'm thinking of getting Eagletac p100a2 what do you guys think? Should I get something else?

Requirements
-$45 or less maybe $50 if your really think it's worth the money
-At least 100 meters of throw with good/acceptable spill
-AA rechargeable and Alkaline compatibility
-xm-l upgrade compatible if possible
-no Fenix E21 already have it
-At least 150 lumens on max more the better
-Good color temperature (doesn't have to be neutral) don't want lights that fade out to purple or bluish purple.
-glass lens
-aluminum
-water proof to at least 1 ft under
-good regulation
-reliability (Something that won't break after dropping it)

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian2381

Enlightened
I would highly recommend the Xeno E03, you will have options on tint and flashlight colors.

I just got a red cool white and loved it a lot so I bought a blue neutral white.

It got the latest emitter (XM-L), you also have the option of using 14500 batteries having 400 lumens output and 120 lumens in AAs, 3 modes.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a nice aluminum flashlight with regulation and that uses AA batteries rechargeable compatible. Thank you

I'm thinking of getting Eagletac p100a2 what do you guys think? Should I get something else?

I bought a friend one and he likes it alot.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out Jetbeam BA10 and BA20

fenix E35? i cant remember the model number. its a 2xAA fenix light for under $45

up your budget to about $60, and youll have a hugh range of options for AA or 2xAA lights.

Richub

Enlightened
check out Jetbeam BA10 and BA20

fenix E35? i cant remember the model number. its a 2xAA fenix light for under $45

up your budget to about $60, and youll have a hugh range of options for AA or 2xAA lights.
I think you refer to the Fenix E21 there. Definitively worth considering, IMHO.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
For something completely different you might want to consider a Proton Pro. A bit old in the tooth, but still unique.

Geoff

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam BC10 small and bright!!!
Sorry, I didn't see AA.... BC10 Great for $39.00
Xeno E03

Last edited:

Ec136

Newly Enlightened
ld01, ld15 single aa. I second skyfire on the jetbeams. my $0.02.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
I just bought a TerraLUX LightStar 300 (300 lumens) that runs on 2 AAs. I got it for about $35, on either Amazon or eBay. Very bright, and nice weight/balance...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P100 series C2 and A2 are still a couple of the best light's for the money you can buy, good throwers with ok spill. The Fenix light's that have been suggested are also nice light's.

Unless you have to have 2xAA I would suggest the Zebralight SC50+, it's a great 1xAA light and it went on sale recently from Zebralight. My own opinion is Zebralight is making some of the best EDC light's in the world right now and the SC50+ would be a great introduction into that.

http://www.zebralight.com/SC50-Flashlight-AA-193Lm_p_24.html

Norm

Retired Administrator
Your duplicate thread has been deleted, I've incorporated your first post from that thread into post #1. Edit your post if you want to add extra details, do not start a new thread. - Norm

Samy

Enlightened
Another vote for the Jetbeam BA10 and BA20. Otherwise try and get another $10 and go for a 4Sevens Quark or Klarus ST10/20!

cheers