Quark 123 Tactical s2 vs JetBeam BC10 brightness comparison

jonesing4wind

Newly Enlightened
OK, I decided on the quark for my new EDC, but am now second guessing myself for the stated brightnesses. I can find specs on the 123 Tac that say 170 or 205 ansi lumens, but the BC10 says 270 lumens. So what is the real deal? Is the BC10 really 270 ANSI, or is that emitter lumens? and which is the 123 tac, 170 or 205?

COnfused!

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
The BC10 is really bright. I don't have a way to measure lumens, but I believe it to be every bit of 270 when comparing it to my other lights. I think selfbuilts review stated ~250. The BC10 also has a whiter white tint then the Quarks which often seem really green to my eyes.

After owning several lights though I do have to say that there is much more to a light then "top speed" or max brightness. The beam quality is huge imo. And of course the other factors UI, build, size, etc...

flame2000

Enlightened
270 lumens ANSI are not emitter lumens. They are OTF lumens taken after a few mins if I remember correctly. I can safely said the BC10 is much brighter here. :)

Napalm

Enlightened
A quick inspection of the design and construction of the battery/tube contacts in the head will quickly make you chose one over the other regardless of stated lumens.

Nap.