Classy & Elegant LED Light to Carry on Wedding Day?

AlphaZen

Enlightened
I am getting married in the fall and want something classy and elegant to carry for the occasion. I don't have much $ to spend, so the top dollar custom lights are out. This light will be carried discretely in my front pocket so it should be small and unobtrusive.

The ideas I have had so far are:

- Brass Peak Eiger QTC
- Maratac Cu (copper)
- Lumintop Worm
- iLluminati
- QMini AA Ti
- Preon Revo SS

Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks

Last edited:

Ksailork

Newly Enlightened
Think about the iTP A1 EOS in stainless steel. For some reason, I feel the attached chain lends some additional "class". And it won't break your budget.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
CONGRATZ!

:twothumbs

go with the peak, they also have a stainless steel option.
and definitely check up on QTC.

peaks are some great lights, give them a call, and see what they can do for you.

how about engraving the light for the special occasion too? i dont know if peak does that though.

mrlysle

Enlightened
For the money, the V10r Ti is pretty classy looking. If that' a little high, see if you can find the Titanium Innovations Illumina CA1 Ti. It has a nice chain and lobster claw clip attached.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix TK35 :eek:oo:, oh, you said you not me :), all kidding aside I would reccomend a Quark mini.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My only suggestion is if you must carry a light on that occasion have it hidden deep in your pocket. Most wives have little appreciation for this hobby. Bravo if she does, but you better be darn sure of that before hanging a flashlight out in plain sight on your wedding day. Don't tick off the little lady on that day. You'll have plenty of opportunities later.

Geoff

nbp

Flashaholic
Maybe a Ti MiNi AA, 123, or for most discrete carry, CR2. I think CR2 MiNis are still in stock.... Anyways, great little pocket lights, and definitely classy for a reasonable price. And you'll enjoy them way past that day.

And congratulations!

Edit: looks like 4sevens has 123 and AA Ti MiNis still. Also Ti Preons. Whatever you get, it HAS to be Ti!

Last edited:

Vesper

Enlightened
My only suggestion is if you must carry a light on that occasion have it hidden deep in your pocket. Most wives have little appreciation for this hobby. Bravo if she does, but you better be darn sure of that before hanging a flashlight out in plain sight on your wedding day. Don't tick off the little lady on that day. You'll have plenty of opportunities later.

Geoff

Well said.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Congrats!

You may want to look at the Klarus X5 (AAAA) and X6 (AAA)...both stainless steel, both small in stature, and both have very clean lines....but both are twisties. Or the Jetbeam E3S...stainless steel with a reverse clicky. The E3S is one of my favorite 1xAA lights.

Ian2381

Enlightened
Lumintop worm stainless is one elegant and classy looking light, I currently have one on my keychain.
I recommend this If 60 lumens in less than an hour at max is enough for you.

mmace1

Enlightened
Is this to commemorate your wedding, one you will have hidden, or one you actually plan on having out & visible as you give your vows?

If the later, will there be guests? If you do this, is there any way they will not think your wife is marrying an extremely weird person? Obviously, who cares what they think of you but...it would affect your wife as well, so I wonder.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am getting married in the fall and want something classy and elegant to carry for the occasion. I don't have much $ to spend...

It'll be tough to find both class and elegance in one budget light (something like the McSapphire might be rated for both), but if you can make it through the wedding on elegance alone, that IS a confirmed feature of the JetBeam E3S:

r7ipao.jpg

& congrats!
:party:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Yes ........... Congrats !

But I'm confused ..........

Who do you think will need a flashlight on your wedding night ? .. You or Her ?

Just turn ALL the lights out ........ and Celebrate your Long .. Happy .. Future !

To answer you original question :
"something classy and elegant to carry for the occasion" .......

Choose an Excellent bottle of Wine !

Happy wishes for you both !

~

Last edited:

someguy4747

Newly Enlightened
Congrats! I'm sure you always have a light with you and she won't be surprised that you do on your wedding day as well. I think she would like that you picked out a light just for the event. I think it says you are excited and want to pick out something special for the occasion. It is kind of like how she would not wear a pair of shoes that she wears all the time on her wedding day. You don't wanna carry the same flashlight on your wedding day as you always do.

Anyway...I happened to be looking at the Quark Preon 2's today and I was thinking how classy the titanium ones looked. I think whatever you choose titanium is the way to go as far as having class.

Last edited:

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Is this to commemorate your wedding, one you will have hidden, or one you actually plan on having out & visible as you give your vows?

My only suggestion is if you must carry a light on that occasion have it hidden deep in your pocket.

It will be well hidden and hopefully I will be the only one that knows I have it. I want it to be small and unobtrusive and I will carry it deep in my pocket, hence the three AAA lights I came up with. I do want to have one on me though, because I'm a flashaholic. Maybe it will come in useful, like when I'm searching for the garter belt. :nana:

Seriously though, thank you everyone for the suggestions, warnings/words of wisdom, and the congratulations. I am going to add some of the suggestions to the considered list in the first post.

mmace1

Enlightened
Gotcha - so it will be hidden, and only "for" the wedding in your own mind. In that case...go with whatever looks best to you! I imagine the titanium suggestions would be best.

Brewer

Newly Enlightened
I happened to be looking at the Quark Preon 2's today and I was thinking how classy the titanium ones looked.

I have one, it is very classy and no bigger than a pen. Will slip into a jacket pocket and is lightweight enough that it won't ruin the line of your suit. Nice action on the tail clicky too, not tactical sharp but silky smooth like an expensive ballpoint. It's the sort of thing a successful doctor might carry. I would highly recommend it in this sort of scenario.

Last edited:

Lighteous

Enlightened
Perhaps a Fenix LD01 in stainless steel should be on your list of those to consider. Good luck and congratulations!