Anyone been using a Sapphire long term?

Darvis

Enlightened
I'm thinking of taking the plunge and ordering up a McGizmo Sapphire to use as a keychain light, anyone been using one long term in this manner?

Just curious if you've had any issues, primarily, with the head loosening and coming off (or almost coming off for that matter), or if it's been pretty solid? Any other points/counter point you'd like to offer?

Maybe a strange decision point, but I've had 2 lights (and batteries) go missing this very same way. Fortunately, they were relatively cheap...

I'm not worried about scratches, etc.. that's just part of the game.

Thanks!!
D

Darvis

Enlightened
Thanks Carrot, that does answer my question though. I find that as long as the O-ring is snug and sits down in a fair bit, there's a good chance it'll hold...

Perfect!

precisionworks

Flashaholic
The o-ring is very tight on my Sapphire.
+1

Mine has been on the key ring since the light first came out. It has been dropped more times than I can count, sometimes hitting concrete right on the edge of the bezel (can you tell I'm not trying to sell this one :laughing: )

Reliability on the Sapphire is 100%. Never had any issue with the head, as it takes a bit of torque to twist it on and off. But it stays off in the pocket & stays on when needed. IMO, it's the best AAA light available. You'll enjoy it.

Darvis

Enlightened
Awesome!!! That's really what I wanted to hear, well, not really since it means I'll be draining my savings yet again, but really... :)

I have a bit of a soft spot for AAA lights and this is the last on my list of must haves, sort of the grail of AAA's for me. I like them because you can carry a half dozen of them and they take up no space at all...:naughty:

That, and if Muyshondt ever comes out with another 60 degree version...:twothumbs

Moka

Enlightened
Anything made by Don is built to last... They're the last lights I'd worry about durability on!
I prefer the Mako myself, but the Sapphire is a nice light! =)