Anything better than Quark 123*2 or Fenix PD30 for EDC?

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
This question gets asked regularly, but it's always worth an update. Is there anything better than Quark 123*2 or Fenix PD30 for EDC?

I EDC the Quark 123*2 'Tactical' XP-G R5, and it just rocks. It's still my favorite overall light. But if I can find something with same size and UI, but 500+ lumens (even if only briefly), well, I'd probably make a switch.

Is there anything out there yet?

Thanks

-

mrlysle

Enlightened
If the size doesn't bother you for pocket carry, and you would consider running 18650's, check out the Zebralight SC600, or upcoming SC600w (warm tint) I find it a touch big for pocket carry, although I do because it absolutely ROCKS! 750 otf for 5 mins, then drops to 500 for the rest of the nearly 2 hours runtime! Plus it has ZL's super UI for instant access to 2 other levels, plus an additional 3 levels easily at your disposal.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, this is looking good. But the head is big, 30mm diameter, dang......

-

In that case, take a look at the Spark SL6. It's head is a smaller diameter than the SC600, and it's in line length wise (iirc) with the Quark 123*2.

clipboard

Newly Enlightened
how about a eagletac p20c2 mark II ? it has the new xml light engine and puts out 524 ansi lumens for the first 3 minutes . great quality plus when newer leds come out you just upgrade for 30 dollars .

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow im going to have to look into the eagletac p20c2. i dont really follow what eagletac is doing, among other brands.

how about nitecore IFE2?

I dont have one, but I really like that light, think im waiting for a version 2 or something....

Armytek is suppose to come out with a new EDC model. using an XM-L pushed at 3 amps.
dont know when thats due to appear though. so far im quite happy with their predator, so im anxious about their EDC.

ive been looking for a compact single 18650 EDC for awhile now.

Last edited:

MedusaOblongata

Newly Enlightened
how about nitecore IFE2?

I have an IFE2 and it's a little bit longer than my PD31, and not noticeably narrower. The clicky is a tiny bit too easy to activate for my tastes, and sticks out just enough that it won't tailstand. It's a nice light and I like it a lot, but it sits on my desk and the PD31 (which appears brighter to my eyes) lives in my pocket.

Danielsan

Enlightened
those lights are way to big as an EDC for me, i would consider quark miniX 123 or Zebralight H31 as pocket lights that u will "forget" and cant feel in your pants, thats what i want. The other kights i would always feel when i walk around cause they are bulky, in a jacket ok but not in a jeans