AA Non Conductive Light

stroked80z28

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a plastic or polymer AA light for work. We are issued Streamlight 4AAs or Pelican 2490s, just not bright enough. I currently use a G2X Pro, but the AAs are free at work and I think that I would get better run time with 4 AAs. An aluminum head on the light is acceptable as well as an aluminum body that is coated, such as the G2X. I have looked at an AE Lifelight and a 4AA Underwater Kinetics model, but I can't find very many reviews about either. I would like between 150-200 lumens, a little bit more on the floody side and a clicky switch. Also, I would prefer that the light be made or at a minimum assembled in the USA. I know that the Lifelight has a twisty head, but I was wondering if it was possible to add a clicky tail switch? My other, does an upgrade exist or is one feasible on either the Streamlight 4AA or Pelican 2490? Thanks

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I don't think there is any plastic/polymer lights in the 3-4AA format in the 150-200 lumen range at this time. Most plastic lights have a plastic head too which limits the amount of heat it can dissipate. The streamlight propolymer 4AA has been "upgraded" by users in the forum by cutting open the head and transplanting an SSC LED but that I believe doesn't get you anywhere near 150 lumens perhaps close to 100. I think the UK CPE versions list at about 110-130 lumens which is for now about par for the course. Fenix makes a 4AA that puts out a lot more with a plastic body and aluminum head but it is not US made in any way at all. There are other companies (chinese) that are coming out with competing plastic/aluminum 4AA LED lights similarly also like Jetbeam and I think zebralight too? Search the marketplace for 4AA LED and start there.