How many flashlights do you own?

2011 - How many flashlights you own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ggreenjohny

Newly Enlightened
I'm currently at 4 with one on the way. They are a surefire 110 lumen backup, a coast led lenser p7, and a couple other cheap coast led lensers. The one on the way is a hds rotary

mrlysle

Enlightened
My guess is about 35. My latest couple are a Zebralight SC600 and my HDS rotary arrived just yesterday! Wooot!

Napalm

Enlightened
I have 8 really nice ones ("flashaholic" grade), 3 Maglites and a dozen undescript plastic cheapies ranging from 2xAA to 6V lanterns.

Nap.

Ishango

Enlightened
My guess is about 35. My latest couple are a Zebralight SC600 and my HDS rotary arrived just yesterday! Wooot!

Seems to be about the amount of lights I own. Twenty of these are of good or excellent quality, the rest is budget or old Maglites. My latest couple (this month) are the JETBeam E3S (stainless steel) and Fenix LD15.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have stopped counting or even doing pictures of all my lights.

Some of my small lights:
DSC_0668.jpg

Some of my Fenix lights:
DSC_0861.jpg

Some shiny lights:
DSC_8443.jpg

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2.

2 many.

P1017039.jpg

I try to justify this with things like: "I need this light because someone will want a holster made for it." But then it get's difficult when you have three of the same light. It also doesn't hold water when you send them to Milkeyspit to modify. I have very few lights under the $50 mark. I do sometimes go on major "weeding" campaignes and sell a bunch off in the Marketplace, but then like a cancer, the collection grows again.
Who can resist things like the 4 Sevens Turbo X or a NIB Pentagon light that hasn't been manufactured for years especially when you can put a Malkoff drop in in it?
I will say the only light I have that I don't use is a Pentagon that is still in the packaging. Some don't get used as often as others (Olight SR91) but that is a special purpose light, and while it does get used, it's just not as often as the others. I tend to rotate lights on my belt depending on what I'm doing. Most recently it's been a Pentagon X2 with a Malkoff M61w, Turbo X, and Milkeyspit Throwyboy. I often have a Nitecore NDI in a pocket as a backup, but there is always a Revo in my Leatherman pouch right next to the leatherman as the ultimate backup. Night hikes in the desert I'll have my S12 and/or the SR91. When on a search, I'll pack along the Tomohawk and a Zebralight H60W. The H60W gets used daily for leatherwork, and I have 3 H50's used for when cleaning firearms and in bug out bags. I like to keep all different battery types around just in case one particular battery type becomes hard to find in an emergency, but I keep a very large stock of CR123s on hand.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have to say (200) The last time i somewhat counted it was well over 100 and that was quite a while back.

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
If you count my wife's lights as well...around 13.

Jet Beam RRT-0 S2 Infinitely Variable -- EDC
Zebra Light H51Fw -- EDC
ITP A3 EOS R5 Upgrade -- EDC
4 Sevens Quark AA^2 Tactical S2 -- Trauma Kit EDC
4 Sevens Preon 2 R5 Black & Titanium -- Wife's EDC
4 Sevens Quark AA^2 Tactical S2 -- Nightstand
4 Sevens Quark AA Tactical R5 -- Wife's Nightstand
4 Sevens MiniX 123 -- Sometimes swaps out my ZL H51Fw as EDC
Solarforce L2 - Single Mode XP-E Q5 dropin -- DX Aspheric -- Toy
(2X) Cheap Rayovac(?) 3-LED lights with pull-out battery tray that will accept AA/C/D batteries
(2X) Cheap wall-plug flashlights for when the power goes out (automatic activation)

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only own two worth mentioning: Ra Clicky high CRI and a stainless steel Preon ReVO. The rest are the few Maglights that I've picked up over the years, and I really don't count those since they mostly just sit ignored in a drawer.

Last edited:

Lighteous

Enlightened
27, excluding various Maglites and a couple of lesser-model Coast LED Lenser's purchased at Lowes. But I have two ZL's on the way, SC31 and SC51, because I really, really need them...

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I have about thirty, all Surefire except for one MD2 and a Maelstrom G5. I should probably thin the herd, though.... only about ten of them even have batteries in them. Mostly Surefire throwers and ones with Malkoff Drop-ins.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
The best answer that I can give you is, "I don't know."

There are some that I keep. There are some that I lose. And then there are some that break, or get parted out. I also give some away to friends/family members. I have even given some away online for one reason or another. I even sell some now and then.

So, I really couldn't tell you how many that I own. *shrug*

Last edited: