Anodizing Wear Question

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few flashlights (Surefires) where the anodizaion on the bezel end treads has worn off. The 1st two windings and this goes for the interior bezel threads as well. They got stripped when I added a second O-ring and I had to apply pressure to the bezel when screwing down and they weren't seated properly (I have this compulsion to double O-ring when possible). The treads are still intact but leading edges are now bare aluminum (slightly stripped).

Does this creat a parasitic drain on the batteries?!

kelmo-the-OCD-flashaholic

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I have a few flashlights (Surefires) where the anodizaion on the bezel end treads has worn off. The 1st two windings and this goes for the interior bezel threads as well. They got stripped when I added a second O-ring and I had to apply pressure to the bezel when screwing down and they weren't seated properly (I have this compulsion to double O-ring when possible). The treads are still intact but leading edges are now bare aluminum (slightly stripped).

Does this creat a parasitic drain on the batteries?!

kelmo-the-OCD-flashaholic

I am not familiar with ALL the different SF models, but the P60 hosts and E-series lights I own do not exhibit parasitic drain of any kind (regardless of thread anodize condition). The tailcap switches on these lights disconnect -B from the circuit completely when off. Furthermore none of these lights conduct current through the threads. The body tube ends touch against the adjacent parts to complete the circuits.