Gifting a light to a friend. What should I get to replace it?

KLowD9x

Banned
A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine asked me for a recommendation on a good flash light to keep at his house for emergency/general use.

I have decided to give him my 4Sevens Quark MiNi AA2 and an Eneloop two AA kit with charger as a gift so that he has a nice light with good batteries that can be stored while retaining a good charge.

The 4Sevens was my "around the house" light at night with a nice low mode but it was cool white. Now that I have "seen the neutral white light" I don't like cool white lights at all any more. I have decided to order a Xeno E03 XML.

My question is this: Should I get the warm white (my first warm white LED light) or should I stick to the familiar neutral white? I will also be using this light for camping which is making me want to stick with a neutral white.

Ian2381

Enlightened
I got a xeno cool white and love the tint, also ordered another one but on neutral tint as based on experience neutral white is great outdoors, bought it for my hiking/camping trip. My fenix LD10 diffuser fits perfectly so it can be used as lantern. Im also thinking of getting a warm white version but I really don't know if it is better outdoors.

Last edited: