Tac Lights-agressive front bezel rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
Most Tac Lights seem to have nice, shiny, stainless steel rings around the front that are notched. I've either read or just figure those are for using as a face punch against an attacker?

If so has any LEO or .Mil or anyone else ever used them in such a manner?

Seems like it would destroy the light, bend the barrel of the light or damage the LED assembly at the least..?

Roger999

Enlightened
Most Tac Lights seem to have nice, shiny, stainless steel rings around the front that are notched. I've either read or just figure those are for using as a face punch against an attacker?

If so has any LEO or .Mil or anyone else ever used them in such a manner?

Seems like it would destroy the light, bend the barrel of the light or damage the LED assembly at the least..?
If it has enough force to bend the bezel and damage the LED then the person won't have much of a head left, and if that much force is required to the head then Military or Law enforcement officers would probably be shooting the person....

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
If it has enough force to bend the bezel and damage the LED then the person won't have much of a head left, and if that much force is required to the head then Military or Law enforcement officers would probably be shooting the person....

My main thought was damage to the bezel/glass/LED but I was wondering if I came up with the idea that the flanged on the end of the light would be good for such a use or if I had read it somewhere.

Now, since they are apparently a form of defensive weapon it gives me ideas for improvement or even radical changes to the light/barrel/housings.

Now to run out some designs and see if my buddy that builds firearms is up to working the prototypes.

DM51

Flashaholic
Threads discussing how to inflict violence on others are discouraged. This one, like many similar threads before, is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.