I've Narrowed Down My Choices, But Need Help Deciding!!!

1hawaii50

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the market to replace my SureFire 8X...my battery has been shot for a long time, and everything I've read says that those batteries have been nothing but problems. I need another small flashlight to carry on my utility belt (I'm a police officer). I work days, but occasionally work evenings and frequently find myself doing house/building searches, so a light is a must...even for day shift! I carry an Ultra Stinger in my bag, but I need another small light to carry on my person.

I've narrowed down my choices to the following:

Xeno G42 XM/L
It's plenty bright enough, but may be just a little too large to carry on my belt

Xeno G10
Closer to the size I want to carry, but giving up some Lumens.

OLight M20S tactical

Fenix TK15

LumaPower Signature Tactical

JetBeam Jet III M 3M XM/L

ThruNite Scorpion V2 Tactical

Lumintop TD15X

I have a budget of $150 dollars. I plan on using rechargeable batteries. I'd like my budget to cover the flashlight, batteries, and a charger. If anybody has any experience with any of these lights, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast

1hawaii50

Newly Enlightened
Why not a SureFire 6P w/ Malkoff M61or M60 drop-in from OverReady? Simple, bomb-proof and plenty of light.

Host is here, $85, bored for 18650 cell: http://www.oveready.com/surefire-hosts/custom-surefire-p-series/cat_6.html

Malkoff M60 [M61 is out-of-stock]: http://www.oveready.com/led-light-engines/malkoff-m60-single-level-drop-in-3-8-9-0v-/prod_55.html

This doesn't leave much room for a rechargeable battery & charger BUT check to find out if OR has a CPF discount.

I'm kind of turned off from SureFire after my whole 8x deal. I paid good money for that light, and they no longer even make a battery for it? What about all the people who have/had an 8x?
I have a MagCharger MagLite that is going on 20 years old...I can still find plenty of parts for it.