• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired THB - Xenergy moddity *SOLD*

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys by THB I mean "to highest bid".

This is a mod oddity consisting of an Xenergy 3 in 1 (I think it was called). It has a Kroll switch added to the rear as well as a 1W SE permenantly added in place of the incan. Since the LED is in direct drive and the battery tube was designed for 2x123, I put a Copia 168a cell in the light. The copia comes with the light but there is no charger. This means that the buyer needs a copia (Pila)charger or uses 1x123 and a dummy. I suspect that the 1x123 would be a poor choice for the 5 mm LED's though. Here's a pic:

SE-reflector.jpg

And there is more information HERE

This is a "buyer be ware" deal. The light is in full function now. The Li-Ion batteries like the Copia and Pila have been used with good success by CPF members but I do want to point out that these batteries do not have UL approval to my knowledge.

The cost of shipping this light will be deducted and the balance of the proceeds I will Pay Pal to CPF.

I'll sell this to the highest posted bidder here with a cut off time of thursday midnight, PST.

Thanks for looking.

- Don

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: THB - Xenergy moddity

$10

It is obiously worth more than this, so let's get this thing going.

Alex

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast

$30. This is the only light in this forum that I can afford! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

How hot does it get running at 700mah? Also curious is it would be possible to run the leds and LS at the same time; there seems to be the current for it.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I never ran it that long other to check that the head did heat up signifying a reasonable thermal path. A 1W has been run at 700 mA in many other lights of similar size and smaller. The switch is not set up to run the SE at the same time as the 5 mm's.

- Don

Raindrop

Enlightened

So how much would a Pila Charge cost me ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Phaserburn,

Because I think it's worth that much. And I already have a charger (Maha 777+2).

You think 50's too much?

Paul

Kiessling

Flashaholic

$50 is a steal if you like rechargables and have the appropriate charger. this light is awesome IMHO. a true master mod.
bernhard

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

PaulW,

Not at all. I have a charger, too. I was just confused by your consecutively larger bids.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Phaserburn,

Glad to hear you were confused. Throwing in a little confusion is perhaps a clever tactic in a bidding situation? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

P.S. And then perhaps it's not clever at all. Just having some fun. No disrespect meant by all this.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
PaulW,

Looks like the light is yours! If you would be so kind as to E-mail me your mailing address, I'll get this light off in the mail to you. To make things simple, please pay pal the $50 to Sasha and I'll take care of the postage myself.

Thanks,
Don

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
$50?

what a complete <font color="red">steal!</font>

will don be auctioning off his tools?
i could really use a mill for $100 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Roth,

This mod is a good example of market value vs time to make the mod! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif As I recall the light was over $40. Then there is the Copia, $20? Then the 1W SE. Then there was the Kroll switch and I think I had about a day of labor in this figuring it all out and doing it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think I'll keep the mill for now though.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

BTW, Had AlexGT been high bid at $10, he would have got the light with no hard feelings what so ever.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i was seriously considering bidding on it myself for a while! for $50, (well, if i had $50), i really wish i would have!

no go on the mill huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
well i'm sure you have all kinds of nifty tools for me to drool over! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to bed last night almost certain that at least one person would outbid me. I woke up this morning to discover I was wrong. It's a surprise that I have won this nifty little light.

I remember, when I first came to CPF and was still lurking, I would travel to those links that displayed some of McGizmo's handiwork. It took me a little while to recognize that one individual had made these himself. The experience was like spending a day of wonder at the National Air and Space Museum downtown.

Having this light will be a new pleasure for me. I will examine it carefully and play with it lovingly.

Thanks to Don and to CPF for making this possible.

Paul

P.S. Don, I have sent Sasha a PayPal and you an e-mail.

Raindrop

Enlightened
Paul,

I have to concur that Don makes some truly wonderous toys. I haven't gotten into the rechargeable cells and I didn't want to snipe you on this toy regardless. This light is very intriguing and I know that once I get into rechargeables I am going to regret not looking at it more aggressively. In looking at the other light I won last night, I know that I got a great deal as well.

~Greg