My Opinion about Malkoff HD XM-L and TK35...no beamshots

SaVaGe

Enlightened
Hello Folks!

I just came from a wonderful camping at the Jellystone Park in WI.
Besides all the obvious things to bring such as: food, clothes and etc.. I made Sure I at Least brought the Malkoff HD XM-L with the MD3 and my TK35.
I dont know if the Malkoff is underated they claim that its about 750 OTF lumens. I Tell you what, This Malkoff is AMAZINGLY BRIGHT! I compared it side by side againts the TK35 which is about 820 lumens. The only difference i would say to the TRAINED EYE like us flashaholichs would be that the TK35 has a slight I mean Slight brighter hot spot.
It just amazes me that the Malkoff has a OP reflector vs the TK35's smooth reflector and slightly bigger head and its nearly identical in throw the the malkoff having a slight brighter spill which is because of the OP reflector. Both lights are amazing but if my Life depended on it it will be the Malkoff HD XM-L. Gene and Cathy Thank you!! specially to Cathy who made sure she responded to my email and made sure i recieve the light before i go on vacation.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference of 70 lumens between the two is about the minimal amount of difference in the intensity of light (at that level) in order to be able to see them as different. In other words, you need a minimum of about a 10% difference to see them as different, and at that level of output, it's just enough. If it were much less, I doubt you'd be able to tell. So while the Fenix might be 'objectively' rated as being brighter, the difference is negligible in terms of how we actually see the difference.