http://postimage.org/image/1of4gn5wk/
Plastic container of light
http://postimage.org/image/1of15kgx0/
Internal content
http://postimage.org/image/1of9f97dw/
Beam artifact
http://postimage.org/image/1ofedv8v8/

The right boxes was a C2 i got from authorized dealer
i suspect my e2e because it have a different packaging, it doesnt comes with a anti-shoplifting rfid tag, some labels which a C2 have and most importantly, the window.
Also, the plastic box of C2 was made by Type-1 plastic while "E2e" uses Type-3 (PVC)

For my C2, it have a AR Coating, when you look into the window, it shows violet image but
the E2e have a plain window. Probably an ordinary one since the beam shows some green thing which i think it comes from refraction of light through the window
Expire day of battery: June,2017 (hope this can help determining the manufactury date of the light

Even though it comes with a registration code and it works, i cant trust it yet.
Please advice:sick2:

Thanks

Last edited:

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
No idea.

Different light, different packaging. Sort of like Cheerio's made by General Mills in a carboard box but the store brand of 'Toasted O'' also coming from GM done in a plastic bag like potato chips.

Different country of assembly maybe or different factory?

Hopefully someone here has the same light and packaging to compare or just do an image search on the packaging and see what you get.

Good luck.

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
I am assuming you did not buy it off some guy on the street right?

"Hey man. C'mere...wanna buy a Rolax or how about some German Chorklets for yer girlfriend..?"

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed that theres something wrong with the beam
(i didnt expect an artifact on surefire)
and i further suspected it.....
from pic. 5,
theres a strange green corona
btw, is the code the best way to verify your light?
(Uber china can almost clone everything, i know it very much)

Last edited:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
All that packaging and papers is 100% legit. Posting a picture of the light itself would have been helpful to dispell doubt about it being a "fake" surefire light. I have seen pictures of "clone" surefire lights and believe me, someone with even a small amount of knowledge can immeditely notice the difference.

Cloning a particual surefire part like a tailcap isn't that hard, cloning an entire light all the way down to using the EXACT same packaging as surefire, that is an unlikely senerio. Faking a surefire flashlight isn't as easy as faking a purse or a shoe. The clone type surefires I've seen in the past didn't try to pass themselves off as a genuine surefire, they were just a cheap copy of the original.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
totally legit... you have nothing to fear.

Wait a minute... Just dawned on me that you don't have a pic of the actual light. So based on your pictures you have 100% legit / authentic looking packaging materials. I have NEVER seen a cloner / counterfeiter go through the trouble to counterfeit the paperwork, and yours look legit.

Danielsan

Enlightened
I dont think that they fake flashlights very often because flashlights are not that high priced. A Rolex watch or a S.T.Dupont light is indeed high priced and they will earn much money with a fake. Sometimes i think all flashlights on the market coming from the same factory, just different labels

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait a minute... Just dawned on me that you don't have a pic of the actual light. So based on your pictures you have 100% legit / authentic looking packaging materials. I have NEVER seen a cloner / counterfeiter go through the trouble to counterfeit the paperwork, and yours look legit.

I did find it strange that he was concerned about his light being fake but didn't actually post a picture of the light itself, just all the packaging materials:thinking:

carrot

Flashaholic
Telltale signs of authenticity: included papers in correct typeface and genuine Surefire bulb. The bulbs for the E2E are distinct and all fakes I've seen use the wrong kind of bulb assembly.

Roger999

Enlightened
The papers and packaging are real.

The "artifact" is as a result of the light bouncing off the bezel, my E2E has the same thing in purple, I haven't even noticed this for a year.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
As mentioned everything looks totally legit... but next time, as mentioned, pictures of the light would be most appropriate.