Dereelight Javelin Question

JacobJones

Enlightened
Hello. I noticed that dereelight have stopped doing the XR-E module for the javelin. Has anyone done lux tests on it with the new XP-E R2 module?

I'm interested because I was thinking about getting the javelin but if it will throw less than it did with the XR-E I won't, In one thread apparently it was over 10k lux at 1 meter with the XR-E

Thanks in advance

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the XP-G and XP-E (not the XR-E). The XP-G is 8k lux and my XP-E does throw farther than the XP-G to it is certainly more than 8k lux.

JacobJones

Enlightened
that makes sense, the XP-E has higher surface brightness so the hotpsot should be smaller, brighter and father throwing. Maybe I should get one anyway, 8k is still pretty good for 2AA

Deal4

Enlightened
Talk to Jay from flashlightconnection.com I bought the XP-E drop in for the Javelin from Dereelight since I already had a Javelin with the XP-G and wanted to compare them. The XP-E will out throw it a good ways! I was impressed. You may have to email him as he doesn't always have the XP-E for the Javelin listed, but he does have them.
Jay is a great guy to deal with!
Shad

JacobJones

Enlightened
I had a look at the flashlightconnection website, the XP-E modules are listed at the moment. If I get one I'll probably order from the dereelight website, i don't mind that it will take a couple of weeks to get here from china.
Also Ive recently discovered the wolf eyes krait and one thread states that it has over 11k lux, might consider this instead

thanks for everyones help