Old Style "Twist" tailcap for AA Outdoorsman

Rugerlab1

Newly Enlightened
Hi. Does anybody know if the old style, two stage twist tailcap with the momentary on button (ie, no click), from, say, a SF L2 Lumamax work on a SF AA Outdoorsman? Odd request, I know, but id like to start running an AA light for everyday carry, and after 20 odd years of habituating myself to run a handgun in my right, and a light in my left, I really don't want another light with a different method of operation that I may screw up under stress........ In other words, I don't wanna catch a bullet because my light stayed on when I let the button go. I know the multi-mode click type switches are far more conveinient for most purposes, but for any "tactical" use (still hate that word), I prefer far and away the old style.

syncytial

Newly Enlightened
I have various E series lights and an L2. Though not the E2L-AA (yet) so if an actual E2L-AA owner can confirm/deny my observations, that would be much appreciated!

From my reading, it appears that the E2L-AA Outdoorsman uses a standard E series tailcap - the level switching is in the head, done with the driver. The L2 switches level using a two-stage tailcap with a resistor. Consequently, you wouldn't want to use both the two-stage tailcap and a two-stage head - especially in situations like you've described.

As well, the L2 tailcap is much larger and not physically compatible with the E series lights. There is a high-res picture of an E1L with the E2L-AA linked here.

There is a twist-on, with momentary button, switch for the E series. It's the Z68. That should work on the E2L-AA, but you then have to contend with level switching in high-stress situations.

There is a short Youtube video here.

- Syncytial.

Rugerlab1

Newly Enlightened
Many thanks for the response. Guess ill hafta keep carrying my L2 and two kinds of spares for now.