As good or better than the 4sevens Quark 123^2?

khaosduke

Newly Enlightened
Hi, lost my 4sevens quark 123^2 on a fire call. I was really impressed with my 4sevens light but it's the first light of it's kind I ever had. Now that I lost it I figured I might use the opportunity to try something else. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. One thing I did not like about the 4Sevens light was it's greenish tint but that really wasn't that big of a problem.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are your requirements or preferences, in terms of battery type, form factor, switch location, modes, size, max output, etc?
If you want something small that runs 1 x 18650 you could take a look at the Zebralight SC600 750 lumen.
Or in a Month or so they're due to come out with a neutral white version of the same.
Or there's the Fenix PD31, which can take CR123's or an 18650. Or the TK21 for better throw on same batteries.
Or if you prefer primary CR123 lithiums, there is the Quark 123 2 Turbo "X".
So many great options!

khaosduke

Newly Enlightened
I'd like something that uses CR123's because I already have a ton of them :), I like the surefire's jonnyfgroove recommended, I found the 200 lumen output to be great so for sure something 200+ but I won't take for example a light with a crappy beam pattern thats 300 lumens over something that's 200 with a good beam pattern. I also want strobe, even if it doesn't have SOS or beacon I do like strobe and as I wrote before more on the neutral/cool end not the green tint :).

Hope this isn't too crazy so to sum it up:

200+ Lumens
Strobe mode
CR123 batteries

Size wise around the Quark 123^2's size which I believe is something around 4.5 inches, to say something like the turbo's size which I believe is around 5.2-5.5.

Switch, forward clicky preferred.

Thanks for asking my requirements! It makes it easier to think about it as well!

khaosduke

Newly Enlightened
So Far looking at the Fenix TK21, EagleTac T20C2 MK11 XM-L led, SF g2x, Quark Turbo X, Jetbeam PC25, Olight m21 and maybe the Thrunite scorpion v2 even though it seems a bit expensive. I'm really liking the EagleTac and the Jetbeam. I like the "idea" of the Olight but it seems as though it's better on paper than in reality...

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
Is this for duty use and do you carry on your belt or pocket? Also do you want one operation with overhand grip?

khaosduke

Newly Enlightened
a lot of duty use, pocket carry no belt, much prefer one hand operation. I'm not too concerned about the particular grip so long as I can click it momentarily, or full on to a decent mode (medium or high) with one hand. I don't care if I can get to things like strobe one handed or not.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
a lot of duty use, pocket carry no belt, much prefer one hand operation. I'm not too concerned about the particular grip so long as I can click it momentarily, or full on to a decent mode (medium or high) with one hand. I don't care if I can get to things like strobe one handed or not.
I think some of the Jetbeams and the 4Sevens Quark are still good. An HDS is great but a lot of money. I like single 123 battery. Here are a couple of interesting choices. I really like the Klarus for duty work. The Quark Video shows both the Turbo and Turbo X. I use the Single 123 Quark and it throws very well and is easier to EDC.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'd go with an eagletac p20c2 or a t20c2. Advantage is they can be upgraded as new leds come out. Both are much brighter than quark.

khaosduke

Newly Enlightened
Think I'm going with the EagleTac T20C2 MKII XM-L. Anyone know anything about the quality on those lights? I've never held one or used one but on "paper" and one review on here on CPF.

mrlysle

Enlightened
The T20C2 MKII is an exceptional light! Very well made, with lots of nice goodies included. (the diffuser is awesome!) The nice thing about the ET is all the user changeable modules available for it. For around 30 bucks, you can end up with a whole new light. Get the neutral drop in for it if you can, as it's a beautiful tint. The newest XM-L's are really bright, so I think you'll be happy with your ET. Very well made lights!

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
The T20C2 is gonna be quite a bit larger than the 4Sevens 123*2. I have been using the 4Sevens 123*2 XP-G R5 'Tactical' as my EDC for about a year now. I haven't found anything better yet.

Here's a size comparison chart of some of my lights. The T20C2 is about same size as SF 6P.

I may have to check out the Fenix PD31. I do like my Fenix PD30 very much!

-

khaosduke

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered the EagleTac T20C2 MarKII from lightjunction. Lets see how this goes :)

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Also, as an aside, didn't know Snap-On made lights

The Snap-On light in my pic is a piece of junk, IMO. That's very unusual for Snap-On, as I have lots of their hand tools and they are of the highest quality (and price too, LOL).

You'll like the T20C2, no doubt. I have the "Mk II" UI on those two lights in the pic. I really like that UI......

Good luck!

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
If you get another Quark get the XP-G R5 not S2 I'm guessing that is why yours is green also the Quark Turbo-X's are hit or miss on green tint.

Chris_Himself

Newly Enlightened
Yeah easily, Eagletac, Lumintop, Lumapower, and now, even Surefire are making better lights. Surefire always has, just not on paper until now.

I like Eagletac and Surefire the most.

The new 6PX and G2X are AMAZING! I think they even accept rechargables!

Lighteous

Enlightened
So Far looking at the Fenix TK21, EagleTac T20C2 MK11 XM-L led, SF g2x, Quark Turbo X, Jetbeam PC25, Olight m21 and maybe the Thrunite scorpion v2 even though it seems a bit expensive. I'm really liking the EagleTac and the Jetbeam. I like the "idea" of the Olight but it seems as though it's better on paper than in reality...

The ET T20C2 MkII is my suggestion. And if the XM-L is too floody for your uses, you can obtain either the XR-E R2 or XP-G R5 modules. Or, if you are like me, you'll get both!

khaosduke

Newly Enlightened
I saw that, it's pretty cool that you can swap out emitter modules like that. I can't wait to get the light :), was just shipped.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Think I'm going with the EagleTac T20C2 MKII XM-L. Anyone know anything about the quality on those lights? I've never held one or used one but on "paper" and one review on here on CPF.

I still have and use my original Eagletac T20C2 with cool white XR-E R2. Unfortunately it doesn't take replacement pills like the new ones do but it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. It is still a good thrower for its size even compared to more modern lights with much greater output. It still blows away non-flashaholics when I show it light up a tree at the end of the street. People often comment on how nice looking it is. There are also color filters available if you have use for blue or red strobe. Other manufacturers could learn from Eagletac who GIVES you a nice holster and diffuser and clip for no extra charge. It's my wife's favorite "big" light (it fits her definition of big LOL) Heck, she grabbed my P20C2 also. Something very wrong here!

That does it I need a NEW one of each for ME!

Last edited:

Latest posts