Fake P7's....

cartoonis

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys I have been searching for a few days now, but have received no joy.

All over the internet, it seems the Led Lenser P7's are roughly the same price (from reputable shops anyway), and am wondering if there are obvious sighs that a P7 is a copy.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Hi guys I have been searching for a few days now, but have received no joy.

All over the internet, it seems the Led Lenser P7's are roughly the same price (from reputable shops anyway), and am wondering if there are obvious sighs that a P7 is a copy.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I Have seen some lights that look a LOT like LL (particularly the 3AAA models), definitely some near-cloning going on at the over-seas manufacturers. I have never seen a LL completely forged and counterfeited though. I am talking about the company logos on the product, packaging materials and paperwork. BUT Ebay is a haven for scams and cons, it would not surprise me the least bit if there are bogus counterfeits out there.

Youre better off getting one from an AD with a good reputation... IMHO.

An obvious sign of a counterfeit would be a seller that does not have LL packaging included on the sale.

Last edited:

cartoonis

Newly Enlightened
I Have seen some lights that look a LOT like LL (particularly the 3AAA models), definitely some near-cloning going on at the over-seas manufacturers. I have never seen a LL completely forged and counterfeited though. I am talking about the company logos on the product, packaging materials and paperwork. BUT Ebay is a haven for scams and cons, it would not surprise me the least bit if there are bogus counterfeits out there.

Youre better off getting one from an AD with a good reputation... IMHO.

An obvious sign of a counterfeit would be a seller that does not have LL packaging included on the sale.
Cheers for that guys. I'm pretty sure its genuine as I've compared 30 or 40 photos. I did however manage to find a heap of obvious copies.

I do feel that my one does have the build quality of an original, as I'm sure many of you would agree, a chinese light can quite often leave alot to be desired as in specifications and build quality.

Cheers

kts

Enlightened

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
a chinese light can quite often leave alot to be desired as in specifications and build quality.
WRONG,
subjetive,
xenophobe

... a product costing 1/4-1/10 of the "good" one, can never be as "good",
and if it were, the "good" one simply steals Your money

PS: I am certain there is quite a bunch of things already made in China - with good quality - You have not even noticed and consider being made somewhere else
;)

deadrx7conv

Enlightened
The only feature of the LL that I like is the zoom/focus. Sorry, but there are plenty of lights that have more lumen output. And, I have a LR44 powered LED laser(cat toy) that'll out throw an LL any day. But, its different purpose light. And, I wouldn't say that nothing beats LL for its size.

Grab a couple x2000's from dealextreme and save some money. I say a couple so that you have one to use, and 1 to upgrade/dismantle to the latest LED.

What type of LED driver is the LL P7 using? and its price point? You might be better off with a cheaper fake clone!

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its fine that you recommend a totally different light, but have you ever tried a LL P7, it will blow those 47 lights out of the water :tinfoil:

If you want throw, nothing beats LL for its size...

The P7 doesn't "blow them out of the water" ---- Can it out throw the quark & the fenix mentioned? Yeah, a little bit.

I have the T7 (which is practically the same as the P7) and I have the Quark AA2 R5 and the Fenix LD20 R5 as well. I like the focusability of my T7, and even think it's kind of a cool feature. The T7 can throw a little better than the other two, but with no spill. Overall the beam on the T7 is just ok IMO. The flood is somewhat narrow, and when focussed the beam only lights up a small area. When the light is in between spot & flood the beam is quite ringy. The quark & the fenix get far more use since they are much smaller & much lighter, have a much better beam, and are regulated which makes them brighter than the T7 throughout the battery life. The T7 is only around 200 lumens for a few minutes then it begins to gradually decline with use. After a few short minutes the T7 drops in output; where as, the quark & fenix lights remain at full power & stay that way throughout the life of the batteries.

The P7 & T7 are pretty good lights, but they don't blow the others out of the water at all.

DM51

Flashaholic
I did however manage to find a heap of obvious copies.

I do feel that my one does have the build quality of an original, as I'm sure many of you would agree, a chinese light can quite often leave alot to be desired as in specifications and build quality.

WRONG,
subjetive,
xenophobe

Yellow... there's no justification for you to post that over-zealous "politically correct" nonsense, so just give it a rest, will you?

cartoonis made a perfectly reasonable remark, and he was speaking from direct experience. He said "a chinese light can leave alot to be desired." He did not say "chinese lights always leave a lot to be desired."

It is self-evident that cheap knock-offs are of lesser quality than genuine originals; and it cannot be denied that many knock-offs come from China. The mere mention of that is no excuse for anyone to start making accusations of xenophobia.