Malkoff        

Thread: help with tactical weapons light

Default help with tactical weapons light

How can I change my weapons light to use 2 rcr123 3.0v batteries. I will be using the tenergy 3.0v rcr123 900mah. The light currently uses a 6v xenon bulb.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: help with tactical weapons light

You're going to have to provide more details than that.

Also are the rcr123s you're using protected or not? Also if it's just a regular Li-Ion battery the voltage will be 4.2v off the charger and even for LiFePO4 rechargeables it should be 3.5-3.6V off the charger. Be wary of overdriving your incandescent light you can easily flash the bulb.
    I know some bulbs are more tolerant than over of higher voltage but some bulbs, like the Surefire P60 and P61, will not tolerate any more than specified.

They are protected 3.0 working volts. They didn't blow the bulb just drained to quick. The light is a swatforce. Model. Lt-tl101. I also have a Cyclops that uses the same

You'd have a 50/50 chance of insta-flashing it, and if it does survive the life of the bulb would decrease as a result of being overdriven.

Short runtimes are all about capacity... 2 x RCR123 @ 800mAh Vs. 2 x 3.0v CR123a @ 1400mAh

I'm not familiar with those airsoft weapon lights do they use a P60 style lamp module? if they do you might be better off going with an LED P60 module and powering it with a Li-Ion 17670 cell (3.7~4.1v @ 1800mAh)
    My modest collection HERE & 55w HID spotlight project HERE

Flashaholic

if they are li-ion cells regulated down to 3.0v, capacity is likely to be small indeed. Your best bet is likely to be choosing a bulb that is appropriate for either one or two li-ion cells (nominal 3.6 or 7.2v), and foregoing the "3.0v li-ion" concept. LiFePO4cells, nominally 3.2v, also have limited capacity compared to LiCo and even IMR cells.
    A poor man can only afford to buy the best, once.
    Six sigma- even high reliability means a system designed to produce three failures out of every million iterations...