Fenix TK70 – Olight SR90 - Microfire Warrior III

dwminer

Enlightened
Compared all three tonight and the clear winner is the TK70. The TK70 has more throw, more flood and is just plain brighter. This I did not expect. I spent the late afternoon charging batteries. I had to use a hobby charger for the D cells in the TK70 as the battery charger from Battery Junction was DOA. Lots of moisture in the air tonight and by the time I got the camera set up, the tule fog had come in. Perhaps tomorrow will be better.
Weight:
SR90 1595g
TK70 1383g
Warrior 832g
Mag-lite 4 D cell 1090g
In my opinion the TK70 is assume, if you can live with the size. It's about 1 inch longer than a Mag-lite 4 D cell.
Dave
Remember the above are just my opinions and observations. So please feel free to flame all you want. At my age I just don't care.

Pictures taken with Canon 1DsIII 24-105 f4.0, ISO 400 8sec. @f5.0 Sized only in PhotoShop CS5. All taken at 105mm.
Distance to first tree about 200 t0 250 yards.

The setup
Thesetup.jpg

Home with the cows, all 15 of them.

Reality1.jpg

SR90
SR90sized.jpg

SR90 distance
SR90distance.jpg

TK70
TK70sized.jpg

TK70 distance
TK70distance.jpg

Warror III
WarriorIIIsized.jpg

Catapult V3
CatapultV3sized.jpg

Last edited:

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
Oh come on, you know the Maglite was the winner........

I am surprised that the TK70 had a farther throw than the SR90. I can't wait until we start seeing comparison pics and videos.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened

I am surprised that the TK70 had a farther throw than the SR90. I can't wait until we start seeing comparison pics and videos.
Me to more throw than the SR90 with 3 LED's vs 1???

recDNA

Flashaholic

I'm very surprised.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
some beamshots in the fog would be awesome!

EDIT: holy crapola! that thing is scary bright! too bright for where i live, i would worry turning it on...
i hope this makes way for more triple and quad XM-L lights...

Last edited:

richpalm

Banned
Very encouraging about the light, not so optimistic on the BJ charger after reading this... hope mine will be OK. Ordered yesterday.

The anticipation is killin' me on this one!! At least being big will be good for dog walks as I can hold it under an arm when picking up after 3 dogs!

Rich

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
HOLY BEAM SHOTS! IS THAT FOR REALLLLLLLLLL? I'M GETTING ONE!... Are you sure you don't have the SR90 on low? LOL

Where did you get your light from? Any weird tint?

rajawolf

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that TK70 is bright,just keeps going into the trees in the far paddock.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
HOLY BEAM SHOTS! IS THAT FOR REALLLLLLLLLL? I'M GETTING ONE!... Are you sure you don't have the SR90 on low? LOL

Considering the SR-90 makes 1200 OTF lumens nominally ----1480 OTF only at turn-on. I think the pictures are good depiction of what's expected.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Considering the SR-90 makes 1200 OTF lumens nominally ----1480 OTF only at turn-on. I think the pictures are good depiction of what's expected.

No the SR90! not 91 or 92 http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_23&products_id=497 brightest LED light in the world 2200 lumens but the TK70 blows it away.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
In case you missed it. Both SR90 and smaller SR91 make nearly identical OTF lumens regardless of what it's advertised, sorry but it's true. At least SR91 folks get what they paid for.

I know a bunch of people complained that the SR91 have weak battery life...But I look at it as a positive since it's pushed hard just like the Sr90. I wished it was pushed harder but oh well...:)

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! Some nice lookin' gear including that antenna.

That light is just crazy.... If it used 18650 I might be more tempted; don't know if I can resist, but the batteries used helps because I know like the HID this light would not see a lot of use. I like though that Fenix is really relesing some impressive lights like the TK35 and this one, even their recent small lights have something that's missing in other lights. They are innovating again and still keeping the prices very reasonable. They are gaining back lost ground, against some of the other manufacturers. They appear to be living up-to their name.

fonarik.com also shows that the TK70 is quite impressive.

It looks like GoingGear needs to update their website. Not to mention they need to get the TK70 into their Mega Comparison video. I think the SR91 is the biggest they have tested so far.

uknewbie

Banned
Impressive output from the TK70 of course. Surprised by the throw.

Can you clarify if the weight of the TK70 includes cells?

I measure 4 x AccuEvolution D cells, 10Ah to be 588g on their own, which would make the TK70 795g?

Latest posts