• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *** WITHDRAWN FROM SALE *** RARE Steve Ku 18650 "Thrower"

benben_stone

Enlightened
Up for sale is a mint Steve Ku Ti 18650 "Thrower"

Only 7 of these beauties were made as a proof of concept.

Light is totally programmable, with 6 modes including strobes, SOS & locators.

Cool white emitter, almost laser-like in it's throw (beam hardly diverges even over 50 metres!)

LED is XR-E R2 1C
& the drive current with 2xCR123 is 1 amp

img0445s.jpg

img0446cr.jpg

img0448t.jpg

o
To program the driver:
1. Turn the light on and off rapidly three times fast, hold on the 3rd press. The light will blink twice to indicate programming mode.
2. After the light blinks twice it will flash to indicate number of modes. Releasing after the first blink will set it to one mode. Releasing after the second blink will set it to two modes and so on.
3. After the number of modes has been set, the light will set the brightness of each mode when it is turned on.
4. The first time the light is turned on it will ramp through the brightness levels for the first mode. Release to set the brightness level.
5. Turning the light back on will ramp through the brightness levels for the second mode. Release to set the brightness level. Repeat as needed.
6. Brightness levels are as follows:
Minimum-medium (double flash)-maximum (double flash)- strobe – sos – locator (5 seconds between low level blinks)-3x/3 seconds blink – random strobe.

The only reason for (very regrettable) sale is to fund other projects.

Asking
$660USD $610USD now $595USD (no trades thanks)

I'll include worldwide priority shipping w/tracking

First to post "I'll take it!" + prompt paypal sent gets it.

(PM me for PayPal details)

Last edited:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: RARE Steve Ku 18650 "Thrower"

nice light !

Is this E series compatible ?

benben_stone

Enlightened

nice light !

Is this E series compatible ?

No, the concept of this light is markedly different than an E series in that the light engine is incorporated in the body with the head only containing the very efficient reflector & mineral glass lens.

okwchin

Newly Enlightened

Reflector type is more decisive, IMO

Both reflector and emitter are important, emitting surface dimension vs diameter, proportionally related.

Either way, doesnt change how pretty this light is. Whats the drive current on this driver? (or even better, where can we get more information on this driver?)

Other thing is that the torch is already in australia!

Gary123

Enlightened

I am interested in something like this. But I don't know, I need a user thrower. These luxury lights tend to sit....

Last edited:

benben_stone

Enlightened

Steve Ku has come to the rescue again:

"the drive current with 2xcr123 is 1 amp. I got the driver from a local flashaholic who had contact with an EE based in China." :devil:

vx000

Enlightened

Promised the wife I'd save some funds for a trip, otherwise would have grabbed this immediately. Bump for a very cool light!

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bump for a wonderful light !
One thing I like about this light is that it doesn't have too many trits around the body. :thumbsup:

easilyled

Flashaholic

Bump for a wonderful light !
One thing I like about this light is that it doesn't have too many trits around the body. :thumbsup:

Yes, I agree. I also like the fact that it is not E-series compatible, which probably means that the 18650-body is not wafer-thin at the head thread junction like it is for the E-series single piece 18650 bodies made by Steve Ku.

Last edited: