N-Light B3 Questions

holygeez03

Enlightened
I just received my N-Light B3 Neutral... According to the website, it is a 2-mode (Lo>Hi) "with mode memory".

After playing with the light's interface, I came to the following conclusions:

1) It does not have mode memory. I am using a AAA Eneloop and it always comes on Low.

2) To get to high, you must switch to it immediately after turning the light on. If you turn the light on and leave it in low mode for a few seconds, it will not switch to high with a double-tap. So in my opinion, the instructions for getting to High should be: 3 quick clicks from the off position.

Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong? Or if my light is defective?

Also, there appears to be a spare switch circuit in the package, along with some o-rings. Can anyone tell me what the spare switch is? Is it just a spare or does it have different modes?

Thanks for any help...

holygeez03

Enlightened
In the first video, the user never leaves the light in Low mode for a few seconds. Mine operates the same way, clicking twice to switch modes... but if I leave the light in Low for a few seconds, it will not switch to High mode. I need to leave it off for a few seconds, click on to low, then double click to high.

And I still don't see any evidence of mode memory... And what is the spare switch/PCB that was included?

Chrisdm

Enlightened
I have 3 mode, but am watching this thread with interest as mine is too many clicks to get to high...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

holygeez03

Enlightened
My light only takes 2 clicks to get from low to high... My point is that it must be done very quickly after turning on... so it is effectively 3 clicks from the off position to get to high.

claudeswares

Newly Enlightened
The second video is mine. I replace the electric switch with a reverse clicky. I recall reading the electric switch needs time for its battery to charge. Try leaving the battery in there for a few more hours and see if anything changes after that. I remove the switch by using a small torx bit from my screwdriver set.