Malkoff & Surefire

Cascade Hops

Newly Enlightened
I just received my M61L & M61LL yesterday & put them in my Surefires . The one I stuck in my 6P only leaves a 1mm gap between the bezel & flashlight body , just like my M61 that I put in my other 6P . But the M61LL leaves a huge gap in my G2L . From what I've read in this forum , this is a common problem for the G3 . But I don't think that I've read anything about the same problem with the G2L . Would I get similar fit to my 6P's if I stuck my M61LL in a Z2 ? Thanks .

Gene43

Enlightened
The metal tube in the G2 is belled at the head end. You should be able to force the dropin down into this bell to get a gapless or near gapless fit.

Cascade Hops

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick reply Gene . I left my G2L in my work locker , so I'll give it a try tomorrow . I love your drop-ins , & you obviously have great customer service .

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
As to the other question, you won't get a gap in your Z2 - I carry an M60 and a M61 in Z2 hosts with no gap.

-Trevor

CheepSteal

Enlightened
On the contrary, Trevor, I have a tiny gap on my Z2 from a M61W. I am extremely picky and it doesn't actually bother me because you have to look at the gaps through a light to see it. I found a thin large O-ring in my spares and put it in there and now it looks flawless, and it seals the bezel even more for better water resistance! :twothumbs

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just took a file to my Malkoff until it fit...a little from the sides and a little from the bottom...presto. BTW, thanks for stopping by Gene! Got my Malkoffs to Iraq in 5 days...that was AWESOME!

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M61W leaves a huge gap in my G3. I have to say though I can't recommend cranking down as tightly as you can on the bezel when installed on a G2 or G3. Reason being, the nitrolon body's are all nitrolon except for a very thin tube of aluminum running inside the body. I discovered that when cranked down the drop in will put alot of pressure on that thin tube of aluminum, I don't know how the aluminum is attached to the nitrolon body but I imagine after some time one could have the risk of it breaking loose from the body, or the drop in, after being cranked down too tightly, could bent the very thin edge of the aluminum tube inside. All these things could or couldn't happen, I took my M61W out of my G3 and swapped it into my 6P when I discovered the above.

I love the nitrolon series of lights, but they are poor hosts for LED's. I have since converted my G3 back to the P90.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the contrary, Trevor, I have a tiny gap on my Z2 from a M61W. I am extremely picky and it doesn't actually bother me because you have to look at the gaps through a light to see it. I found a thin large O-ring in my spares and put it in there and now it looks flawless, and it seals the bezel even more for better water resistance! :twothumbs

I stand corrected - you will have almost no gap in a Z2 host. :p

I use a M60LL in a G2 host with the same tiny, tiny gap.

-Trevor

Cascade Hops

Newly Enlightened
I tightened the bezel on my G2 & presto , I got the same fit as with my 6P's . I really didn't have to use that much pressure . Thanks for the tip Gene .

Gene43

Enlightened
Glad to hear you got it worked out. Thanks for the kudos guys. We really appreciate it! AOW stay safe in Iraq. We appreciate you guys taking it to them so we can stay safe over here!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Thanks Gene for making the best flashlights in the world even better!! The M60 in my 6P paired with an over-ready zero resistance tailcap is a little battle tank of a light.
AOW likewise, thanks for your services too!!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I currently have 4 in my rotation. C2 w/M61, 9P+A19 w/M91, 6P w/M61L, and a C3 w/M60 MC-E. The M61L is my most useful. Love the combination of output and runtime.

kelmo