Newbie here too

S

stormcrow

Finding this forum is amazing! Though I know not whether to be thrilled or appalled to find there are so many with the same flashlight problems as what I have.
It's not so much that I actually collect flashlights as it is a search for the perfect portable lighting system... I think.
wink.gif

Just reading around a bit has given me a wealth of information that I was totally unaware of. And in search of further information, I'm sure that I'll ask a great many questions that have been asked before. I just hope that you will indulge me as the newbie that I am. Like how to get serious beam throw out of a big hunk of metal like a 3-D WagLite?
Thanks in advance for putting up with me.

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm... Just tried this the other night, and don't know what the negative ramifications to it may be, but I rolled up an old magazine, shoved it down the tube of my 3D Mag and put 4 C cells in there. If I am not mistaken, that makes it brighter than a 4D Mag. All I know is that it is comparabe to my my p-60 with fresh batteries now.

From what I hear, however, bulb life may be less than an hour being over-driven at that voltage.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
My nieghborhood Radio Shack shut down and re-opened on the west end of town so, I haven't done this yet but many people say that the XPR103 3.6V bulb sold by RS is excellent. Some also say the HPR52 2.8V is a good way to go.

Latest posts