Help me identify older SureFire weapon light?

bard

Newly Enlightened
I was recently given this:

photojul2080904am.jpg

There don't seem to be any identifying markings on or in it except for the molded "SureFire" logo. It fits a Picatinny rail but has an adapter on it marked "Beretta" - given that and the shape of the grip switch, I'm assuming it was set up for use on the M9 pistol.

It has a shock-isolated bezel, a P60 lamp, and holds 2xCR123s in a side-by-side configuration. Does anyone know what this thing is? Are there still accessories available for it, like maybe a different mounting adapter or a different type of switch?

LE6920

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a SureFire Nitrolon Pistol Weaponlight P101.

There are different adapters for other pistols, I think that is supposed to attach to the trigger guard area somehow since there are no rails on the original Beretta 92s.

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's a P-Series Nitrolon handgun WeaponLight.

Since the Rail Interface Adapter for mounting to the trigger guard is marked "Beretta", it is either a P116C or P116D.
The shuttle-switch is either "C" for Constant-on, or "D" for Disable.

It is intended for the Beretta 92F/SB or 96F although the rail interface adapter may fit other Beretta models since that have the same design.

The SlimLine remote switch isn't intended to be user-removable and I'm not sure where you'd get a "DG" remote switch for it (which was as model P116D-DG was the main alternative)

I believe the SF123As must be installed 'one way' which is effectively the wrong way for LEDs.

Also, I understand that SureFire's latch featured a lug that prevented attachment to a Picatinny rail unless it was removed through modding with a dremel for example.

SureFire made seven Rail Interface Adapters for retail:
MR01 (P1x1) Glock 17, 17L, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
MR02 (P1x2) Springfield XD
MR03 (P1x3) Sig Sauer P220
MR04 (P1x4) Sig Sauer P226, P228, P229
MR05 (P1x5) H&K USP Full-size
MR06 (P1x6) Beretta 92F/SB, Beretta 96F
MR07 (P1x7) Colt Government Model P107, P117C, P117D

MR07 and up fit the X-Series.

bard

Newly Enlightened
Awesome. Thank you! A couple of follow-ups:

Since the Rail Interface Adapter for mounting to the trigger guard is marked "Beretta", it is either a P116C or P116D.
The shuttle-switch is either "C" for Constant-on, or "D" for Disable.
This one must be a "D." Toggling the shuttle seems to act like a "safety" for the grip switch.

I believe the SF123As must be installed 'one way' which is effectively the wrong way for LEDs.
Forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand. What does 'one way' mean, and why is it wrong for LEDs? Does that mean that an LED drop-in wouldn't work with this light, or ... ?

Also, I understand that SureFire's latch featured a lug that prevented attachment to a Picatinny rail unless it was removed through modding with a dremel for example.
With the MR06 adapter removed, the light began to fit over the end of a rail, and looked like it would slide down enough to engage the latch (on a ladder-style rail). The rail grooves are filled on the forward end, so it would only have fit on the end of the rail - although I wouldn't imagine most handgun rails are long enough that anyone would care. I didn't play with it more than that, though, so you may well be right - I may just not have gotten to the point where the latch would have been a problem.

Thanks again for the information. Turns out I may not have much use for this light, so I'll likely re-gift it to a friend with a compatible weapon system.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Most LED "drop-ins" are polarity sensitive and will at best non-function and worst be killed by attempt to power it the wrong way. And this light forces the batteries to be installed the wrong way (+ve to the rear)