Another V10R thread. (Hardware and circuit questions)

brembo

Enlightened
I have searched extensively for the answers to these questions, however I KNOW the 2nd or 3rd post in this thread will get linked to a thread with all the answers bundled up all nice and tidy.

Anyway, the V10R has been near or at the top of my short list for CR123 light purchases. It's the variable light output that's drawing me to it. The consensus seems to be that the magnetic ring is sublime in it's operation and execution. I dislike head twisties and want a light with super-low capability AND a short form factor. Ergo, the V10R stands out.

Question 1: Does this light have low cell voltage protection? I plan on using RCRs with it when around the house and places where I can top off the cells every so often. I will use primarys when away from civilization, just so I can vampire all the juice possible and not worry.

Question 2: Has the aluminum vs. Ti low output difference been figured out? Also in that vein of inquiry, has the difference between individual same material lights been figured out? Magnetic field strength, emitter differences, different drivers have all been bandied about, anyone ever nail that down?

Question 3: Will the AA extender tailcap work with an aluminum bodied V10R? I always see it in conjunction with the Ti series light and most sales banners say "body only". I'm guessing that means a switch transplant or extra switch purchase, but again I'd like to be sure prior to purchase.

brembo

Enlightened
Thank you. Have a week or two before I settle on a CR123 light, this one is starting to solidify it's top spot.

snakyjake

Enlightened
I wouldn't think the low cell voltage protection is a big deal if using protected cells on the battery.

snakyjake

Enlightened
Isn't the only time you need to be concerned with "galling" is two dissimilar metals with an electrolyte?