At the Crossroads

Rusty Joe

Newly Enlightened
I really thought I was done with flashaholism, and then in comes an officer at work with the M31 Triton. 800 lumens against the wall! I'm born again!

So here I am, preparing to buy the TK 35. Should I spend the money on my first ROP or go for the TK 35?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TK35 is a really good light, really good but I would suggest looking at Olight new offering the SR51. It has more throw without loosing much spill brightness (if any) and the switch is much easier to operate. The switch is really the only thing I would like to see changed on the TK35, it is really difficult to keep a firm grip and turn it off and on much less change outputs and I often have feel out the mode change button because it is so close and similar to the off/on button.

Like I said though even with the switches the TK35 is a great light and I would replace it in a heart beat if I ever lost it but owning both I think the SR51 is the better light, it is bigger but once you get to these sized light's a little extra size doesn't make much difference especially considering even though the SR51 is larger the switch is easier to toggle.