Pressure Switch Question.

Steve Walters

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, new to the forum, and I need the expertise of the members. I received this light as a gift. (Link) And I'm looking to add a Pressure Switch to it. But I'm not sure what manufactures will work?? I did a search on this brand, and didn't find any they sell. But I'm sure this is a generic/copy of some main line brand. I found several that "look" like they would fit, but its still a guess. If you know of one that will mate to this light I would be greatly appreciated. A link(s) would be very helpful.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SSC-P7-LED-Mant...3835610?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item27b49bd35a

One last question. Do these knock off brands typically produce the 900 Lumen as they say they do?

Thank you all for your time.... :)

Steve

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure whether the switch will work, but I think the 900 lumen rating is not very accurate in terms of the amount of light that actually comes out of the flashlight in the end. I'm no expert on how capable that particular light would be, but even if the lumen rating is accurate for what the LED puts out, there are still significant losses as the light is reflected and shined out of the light itself. It's probably a pretty darn bright light though!

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only possible when one gets that thing into the hands and measure current at battery,
with that value it is possible to very roughly calculate the output.

The head might be big enough to get full power (no overheating) for quite some time - if the electronics (when there are some inside) do give high current.

a light running from 2*18650 is much more "safe" to give high output. The poor single 18650 is not good for that discharge.

As to pressure switch: You would need one where the threads exactly fit.
Maybe it were easier, to purchase a cheap one one just disassemble end cap and pressure switch and try to put the parts together...