The most extravagant flashlight

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
In stock form? I would have to say the Surefire A2 Aviator. Fully regualted incandescent with soft start technology and a ring of floody LED's in your choice of 5 different colors, paired with a wonderfuly complex, yet simple and reliable 2 stage tailcap.

In custom and modified form? I don't know, there's some crazy custom lights floating around out there.

Drg007

Newly Enlightened
Lumencraft's Gatlight V3 LED Is Rolex of Flashlights
Still trying to get one at $500 price tag.

archimedes

Flashaholic
The Cool Fall Spy Tri-V was my first thought, as well ....

For fun, I looked up the dictionary definition of extravagant - "exceeding the limits of necessity, lacking in restraint, and extremely high in price" - then I thought of the fact that some members carry a SureFire HellFighter around as a flashlight ! :D

Incidentalist

Enlightened
The OP struck me as spam from some new flashlight maker. I'm waiting for them to come back to show us their 'most extravagant flashlight'.

That said, Tri-V surely jumps to mind. One of my favorites to show off.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
What was that one from a few years ago that looked like a giant gold scepter? It was some semi-budget light that everyone wanted to buy as a joke..

The Lumaray is a perennial "wtf is that" favorite..

And there was another one that was made in Japan, looked like silver and had tines that ran down from the head alongside the battery tube, was ridiculously expensive..

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I believe this is the gold scepter I was referring to above:

sku155711.jpg

Also, while searching for that light, I ran across this image of someone's home display. This yours, AngelOfWar?

IMG_0299-1.jpg

fl0t

Enlightened
extravagant as in a different design I would say that the Gatlight Ti and the Tri-V win. I always want to see lights that are not just a tube.

I think Chimera Mini is an extravagant light too, with the flash storage or the ipod built in. That was very clever and different.

N10

Newly Enlightened
i would say mac's all titanium HID or the spy...but there are many that would qualify as "extravagant" out there...

knegolf

Newly Enlightened
Did you really have to wright about the tri v? Now i am going to think about it all day. ;)

tam17

Enlightened
For me it's a Lumencraft Gatlight Ti (I'd rather have it custom-made out of Rhodium instead of Titanium, though) :naughty:

Cheers,

Tam