Jetbeam RRT-0 from Bug Out Gear with FREE AA extender or not?

Did you receive a FREE AA extender for the RRT-0 from BOG?

• yes, I got one for FREE!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I paid the additional $12 or $15 it shows for the AA extender, while I have read numerous times people got this as a freebie. Just wanting to see how often this occured.

Last edited:

Napalm

Enlightened
Re: Jetbeam RRT-0 from Bug Out Gear

I didn't get any and I don't feel "jipped" either.

Nap.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

if you've come across comments from at least 4 or 5 other people that got theirs for free, you might.

Napalm

Enlightened

I mean I didn't get an RRT-0 either lol.

Sorry for misunderstanding.

Nap. :p

AlPal

Newly Enlightened

I ordered my RRT-0 from Bug Out Gear but did not receive a free extender. I do not feel jipped, I wasn't expecting a free extender. Maybe they offered an extender as free promotional offer for a period of time? I also orded my RRT-0 with a smooth reflector, but they sent me the OP. However I was pleased with the OP beam, so I kept it.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

hoping others will chime in. I don't think it was a promo offer as I ordered it pretty early on once they revised the RRT-0 with the .003 lumen low and that's also when they first offered a AA extender.

kahuna2793

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking about getting this flashlight how do you like it? did you get r5 or s2 led? did you get smooth or orange peel reflector? how is the throw and is it floody?
I paid the additional $12 or $15 it shows for the AA extender, while I have read numerous times people got this as a freebie. Just wanting to see how often this occured.

aimxplode

Enlightened
hoping others will chime in. I don't think it was a promo offer as I ordered it pretty early on once they revised the RRT-0 with the .003 lumen low and that's also when they first offered a AA extender.

I ordered my RRT-0 from Lightjunction and paid separately for the extender. I'm not mad, I only have the extender in case of emergency and I ran out of CR123's

I was thinking about getting this flashlight how do you like it? did you get r5 or s2 led? did you get smooth or orange peel reflector? how is the throw and is it floody?

My recommendation is to opt for the S2, as it is more refined than the R5. I have the S2, and imo, this is one of the most well constructed single cell CR123A lights. It feels amazingly sturdy in your hand, the aluminium is solid, and with the OP reflector, the beam is excellent. The OP reflector gives the beam a perfect mix of flood and throw. The hotspot gradually lessens and melts into the spill, allowing for it to be an excellent all purpose/work light. This may not be the smallest Cr123 light, but it is not large by any means. It is about the length of a small single AA light, but much brighter. I have full confidence in this light, its great knowing that I can count on this thing to turn on even in the most dire circumstances.

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where have you read about the free extenders?
I bought mine, and paid for the extender separately.
There was a black friday/cyber monday where they were offering a special on dings and scratches event that I did get another RRT-0 w/ extender at a discount.

bansuri

Enlightened
This thread is just a passive-aggressive way of saying "I'm mad I didn't get a free extender!".
It's hardly worth a poll, what will it prove?
The free extender tube was never advertised so it might have been a mistake from the factory.
Enough months have passed since the initial "I got a free tube!" was posted that we can assume any promotion has long ended and the advertising copy has never changed to say "Now with FREE tube!!".
Long story short: you're never gonna get your free extender.

AlPal

Newly Enlightened

I got mine with the S2 led and I am very pleased with it. I have read comments from other members about the S2 having a green tint, but I have not noticed any green with my light. It is a nice bright light for its size, and throws better than I expected. The only thing that I don't like is that it is a little big for an EDC. I also have the Sunwayman V10R and use it more because of its smaller size, although it is not as bright as the Jetbeam.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is getting a bit off the topic, but thanks for your reply AlPal.
Yr complaint that the RRT-0 is too big is probably coz the head slightly bulges out for a slightly wider reflector.
U say u use the parallel sided V10R more as a result, but does it's lesser brightness cheese you off?
Or is it insufficient to bother you?
How do the hotspots compare for size and brightness, and by how much?
Which has the brighter spill and by how much?

Last edited:

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
This is getting a bit off the topic, but thanks for your reply AlPal.
Yr complaint that the RRT-0 is too big is probably coz the head slightly bulges out for a slightly wider reflector.
U say u use the parallel sided V10R more as a result, but does it's lesser brightness cheese you off?
Or is it insufficient to bother you?
How do the hotspots compare for size and brightness, and by how much?
Which has the brighter spill and by how much?

I use the Sunwayman more because it is usually bright enough for what I need-looking around my small backyard at night. But if I do need a brighter light, I will grab the Jetbeam. Also when the weather starts getting colder, and I need a coat, then the Jetbeam easily fits into my coat pocket. The Jetbeam is almost twice as bright, but the hotspot size and the size of the spill is about the same. One other nice feature of the Sunwayman is the smooth silky feel of the control ring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.