LED assembly came off my Coleman Max Cree, 3xAAA. Help.

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
The LED assembly was wobbly on my CMax last night and I wiggled it slightly to have it pop off in my hand. It seems like a straightforward reassembly but apparently I am missing something.

The head assembly has the LED housing and a twisty collar to change the color LEDS from wht to red to blue but I never bother. That came off as one peice. The top of the tube housing the batts I can see the spring where the LED assembly rests and gets it's energy. The bottom of the housing with the LED had a 'probe' coming down with a threaded end but the threads have flat surfaces machined to make the thing go in either one way or complete 180 the other. But above the threads inside the tube there are a set of metal flanges on each side. I can drop the head down in and just about get it to hit the threads to tighten but it won't quite make it and yes, I know this all sounds like idiot speak but I am hoping someone understands what I am seeing and what I am missing to get the thing back together.

kasake21

Newly Enlightened
Believe it or not, I have the same issue. However, my whole flashlight came apart. I can seem to get the top part together again. However, to attach your part to the flashlight casing, you need to remove the battery area. Inside there, you should see a aluminum ring that has to screw into the top part of the flashlight to hold this onto the casing. Does that make sense?

NotoriousLED

Newly Enlightened
@kasake21,
Thank you for that entry. I made an account just to say it was much appreciated. I was thinking I was going to have to buy another flashlight. It would have taken me so long to realize that small bearing above the battery casing was what I needed to screw in. The only question I had was what tool you used to screw the piece in. I can't seem to figure out what the necessary tool is called. I know this is a few months old but I would definitely appreciate the help. Thanks again!