Eternal Light w/ 4 LED's and 3 AA lithium batteries set on single flash

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
On May 30th at noon I turned my Eternal Light (the blue plastic model with four white LED's) on single flash (single flashing all four LED's about every second). The light had recently been the recipient of three new Energizer Lithium AA batteries. I wanted to see how long the light would keep flashing before it went dead. Well, it has been seven weeks now and the light is still flashing. Albeit not as bright as it was during the first month...yes, the entire first month it was as bright as it was the first day. Then it started slowly getting dimmer. However it is still now bright enough that in darkness it would be visible for hundreds of yards away. This thing is amazing. I will post again when it finally stops completely. I estimate that it has another week, maybe two weeks left before it completely goes kaput. An amazing light to take on a long wilderness expedition where the light may be needed to mark someplace to find again in the dark or to leave turned on for search and rescue to eventually locate someone even after loss of consciousness....or....is this too morbid... death. I know if I were lost and getting real weak in the backcountry I would want one of these with me to turn on and leave on 24/7 attached to my hat..just in case I weren't able to signal rescuers on my own. I am just amazed that it has lasted so long on a single set of batteries.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now THAT is the sign of a true flashaholic.......... wanting a beacon light to attach to your hat that will keep going and going, even after your own internal light has gone out :D.

Seriously, that is a funny thought (and actually pretty neat), leaving your light in beacon mode....... and it certainly does give new meaning to the name "Eternal Light".

Last edited: