StarHalo

Flashaholic
I cheated myself
like I knew I would
I told you, I was trouble..

tumblrllud80qi3l1qcse2f.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
I really liked Back to Black, and was hoping she'd get it together and put out more music. Unfortunately not. Such a shame. Does anyone have her debut album released in Britain, "Frank"? Is it good? Might have to get that one too seeing that there will be no more. :( Jimi, Kurt, Janis, Jim, Amy; why couldn't you guys keep yourselves together? You left too soon.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice picture StarHalo. She was indeed a natural beauty without all the heavy make-up. A shame she passed on so young... she could have lived such a happy life, sans drugs of course. :(

Last edited:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had never heard of her until all this news of her death. Sad to see someone so young go that way.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It seems like quite a few people hadn't heard of her, since her album sales have skyrocketed in the last week. If you're not familiar, do sample the clip below:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Congrats to the late Ms Winehouse on having the best-selling album of all time in Britian.

Also, toxicology reports revealed no narcotics in her system at the time of death.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be 63 years old in 3 weeks and my musical heroes growing up were of course the Beatles, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Chicago, Grand Funk Railroad, The Doors and on and on.

I know there are exceptions but in the last 20 years, I've been pretty much bored with music as it's the same old Lady Ga-Ga, Brittany Spears, (insert name here), crap.

My wife came home a couple of years ago and said she had a Amy Winehouse DVD she wanted me to watch. I put the DVD in the player and this girl came on that took my breath away! My jaw dropped to the floor as I watched one of the most talented people, either male or female sing so brilliantly and the songs were so melodic that I just freaked! I instantly became a Amy Winehouse fan!

I don't care about her bouts with alcohol and drugs, this girl was TALENTED as anybody musically!

To me, she blew away all the other girls people worship now and even the men. She truly was a once in a 30 year talent. I will always love her for the fabulous music she left behind!

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cheated myself
like I knew I would
I told you, I was trouble..

tumblrllud80qi3l1qcse2f.jpg

Seeing the later pictures of her, it's almost hard to believe that is actually her. Her lifestyle later in life must have really taken a toll on her.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
And speaking of MTV, it was kind of Tony Bennett, Russell Brand, and Bruno Mars to give Amy a lengthy tribute on tonight's Video Music Awards.

Seeing the later pictures of her, it's almost hard to believe that is actually her. Her lifestyle later in life must have really taken a toll on her.

The pictures depend on how the media was feeling that day..

vwyogjf9pfkl.jpg

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
And speaking of MTV, it was kind of Tony Bennett, Russell Brand, and Bruno Mars to give Amy a lengthy tribute on tonight's Video Music Awards.

The pictures depend on how the media was feeling that day..

vwyogjf9pfkl.jpg

That's what I'm talking about, quite a bit different than the younger picture, although I don't know how many years apart they are so...

nbp

Flashaholic
She actually looks kinda hot there in her own strange Amy Winehouse way. Still gotta track down that debut album. :ohgeez:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
She actually looks kinda hot there in her own strange Amy Winehouse way. Still gotta track down that debut album. :ohgeez:

With so much airbrushing and modifications that's done to celebrity's in photographs, who knows what your actually looking at. Not saying that's the case here, but.....

nbp

Flashaholic
ebow86 said:
With so much airbrushing and modifications that's done to celebrity's in photographs, who knows what your actually looking at. Not saying that's the case here, but.....

Hey! Don't rain on my parade man!