ARC LSH-P, how many rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. I just received my first ARC LS. It is an LSH-P and I absolutely love it! I am by no means a flashlight expert let alone an ARC expert, but how many rings is this flashlight supposed to have? When flashing the light in an average sized room with white walls, there is one ring with a very slight bluish tint, then there is a slightly dimmer ring and finally a very dim ring. Does this make any sense to you ARC experts? Anyway, I'm just curious is all. BTW, I never thought I would buy such an expensive light, but now that I see what you guys have been bragging about, I can't believe I waited this long to get one. It truly is a marvel of engineering.

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
I ordered mine today, my very first LSH-P. I've been keeping track of it by FedEx tracking # every hour on the hour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm no expert, but I heard that every LED light has its own signature. Kind of like the human finger prints. So, even if you get another identical LSH-P the beam might differ.So the rings you see on your might be different on someone elses light.
Guys correct me if I'm wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Enjoy your light, and welcome to the ARC family. You will enjoy Peter & Merri's products and their excellent customer service.
Ciao,
Ardy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
My LSH-P has a thin blue ring at the very edge of its useful spill light. Beyond that, there are some rings of very dim light that I can only see when I hold the LSH-P a foot or two away from a white wall.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
you should have a round hotspot surrounded by a square shaped corona, surrounded by a dimmer peripheral ring of light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif there're some beamshots around that illustrate this pretty well...

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
just got my LSH-P today, the light is perfect, white beam all around except mine has a straight thin line of shadow cutting the beam from one side to the other, i don't know if it's normal???
Ardy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yes, this is normal.
the line are the bond wires, used to deliver the current to the die /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is kinda cool to have the wires, IMHO
just personal preference, of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.