Weapon-mount lights...

GTi474

Newly Enlightened
I put this pistol mount light together a couple of years ago... I haven't seen anyone in the industry offering the same amount of output out of anything the same size, and just wonder if maybe I am missing something.

I haven't seen anything that would fit in a real (read comfortable and wearable) duty holster that puts out over 200 lumens. This light is an LEDwave Z-5 made by Camillus I believe. I got it as a gift a few years ago, and then discovered it took a P60 drop-in...
IMAG0461.jpg

LEDwave Z-5

I replaced the batteries with RCR's, got a drop-in from DX, and did a little fitting. Otherwise, the profile is the same as the X300, and the light output is astonishing for a pistol light... 2000 rounds plus of .45 ACP +P have gone through the gun, about 500 of those with the light on, and never a failure. The light fits in any holster that takes the X300.
IMAG0467.jpg

(Duty M&P 45, I did the stippling BTW, think it turned out quite nice... :grin2: )

I know the X300 is up there in output, 170 I think, but for the price I don't think the little LEDwave and the P60 can be beat... Just throwing this out there for anyone in the market that may not have found what they were looking for. I think total investment in the light and the drop in would be about $75-80 including batteries if I am looking correctly? It has enough throw and light output to use as a small light on a tactical rifle. I have suggested this option to a few guys who like running the standard handguards on their AR platforms with just the small section of picatinny for a light. Can be mounted in the 10 o'clock position and manipulated easily with the foreward thumb from a standard grip... (I use a full rail with a dedicated light and vertical grip... just what I am used to...)
IMAG0474.jpg

(M&P 45 in a Safariland SLS, thigh rig ALS system. Holster designed for the X300 light. Fits like a dream... )

If there is a better light out there please let me know. I use these things, I mean, really use them... Thanks for your time CPF family...

success44

Newly Enlightened
I bought this same light 5 years ago and have recently discovered this forum. Can someone point me in the right direction to modify it? Is the dropin the OP above talked about as simple to do as a malkoff dropin for a maglite? I'd really like to up the lumens. Thanks