Will my Vanson AAA, AA, C, And D Smart Charger Charge 14500 type AA batteries??.

busseguy

Enlightened
I bought this charger years ago to charge c size batteries for one of my flashlights. It says it can charge AAA, AA, C, D and 9 volt batteries.

14500 are AA sized but they are more powerful than your standard AA batteries.

Does anyone know if they will charge no problem in there, or will it ruin either the 14500's or the charger?.

Here is a link to a pic of the charger I am talking about.

http://www.zbattery.com/Vanson-Smart-Universal-Charger-for-AA-AAA-C-D-9V-Batteries

Thanks..

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to charge batteries according to what chemistry or "type" they are. Your Vanson charger is designed for either NiMH or nicad batteries and nothing else. The 14500 batteries are lithium ion batteries and need to be charged with a lithium ion charger. Absolutely not under any circumstances the Vanson charger. There are even different kinds of lithium ion battery with different voltages and you must pick the right charger for the right kind of lithium ion battery.

Don't touch lithium ion batteries without having a good understanding of these requirements. Lithium ion batteries can catch fire or explode if not charged properly.